PDA

View Full Version : Z-CS cure time (searched)

imported_FJF
06-18-2008, 04:40 PM
Hi, folks. I just applied Z-CS after an ONR wash. I`d like to top it with a sealant. How long to I need to wait to apply Z-8, or another sealant like FK, Jetseal, or a glaze like DWG?

I`m in the process of detailing right now and I`m grateful for all replies.

Thank you. :2thumbs:

Eliot Ness
06-18-2008, 04:52 PM
From the Zaino (http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-CS&Category_Code=Zaino&Product_Count=1) site:

".....Full cross linking (curing) generally takes anywhere from 2-6 hours, again, depending on atmospheric conditions......."

For Z-8 I`d wait a couple of hours, but for another sealant like 1000P I`d try to make sure it was fully cured for best durability.

imported_FJF
06-18-2008, 04:56 PM
From the Zaino (http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-CS&Category_Code=Zaino&Product_Count=1) site:

I`m embarrased for not looking at Sal`s site.

".....Full cross linking (curing) generally takes anywhere from 2-6 hours, again, depending on atmospheric conditions......."

For Z-8 I`d wait a couple of hours, but for another sealant like 1000P I`d try to make sure it was fully cured for best durability.

Thank you!!

Macruz19
06-18-2008, 04:58 PM
For me I usually wait the next day, but then again I`ve applied Z-8 1 hour later after Z-CS dries. No streaking here.

BTW, I do like the ONR and Z-CS combo. Fast and easy!

imported_FJF
06-18-2008, 05:05 PM
Do you guys think that an application of Z-6 would allow me to apply Z-8 earlier, or is it just wishful thinking?

Macruz19
06-18-2008, 05:07 PM
Do you guys think that an application of Z-6 would allow me to apply Z-8 earlier, or is it just wishful thinking?

IMO it`s overkill. Use Z-6 as a QD or after a car wash.

Z-6 does not add a faster cure time..

Try using Z-8 once you see that Z-CS has dried.

imported_FJF
06-18-2008, 06:41 PM
Thank you for the help, all.

Eliot Ness
06-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Something I just remembered. One time I used Z-CS and put it on much heavier than needed. A few days later I had problems with Z-8 streaking, even when I diluted it a bit with distilled water. Long story short, after the next wash I tried Z-8 again and it worked great. A Z-6 wipe would have probably solved it too. It was user error on my part for laying Z-CS on too thick, but it might be something to think about if you have problems with Z-8 streaking.