PDA

View Full Version : How often can you use Optimum Spray Wax

Pages : [1] 2

netspec
06-17-2008, 05:38 PM
Can anyone tell me how often can you use Optimum Spray Wax? I`m looking for an economical wax I can use every 1-2 weeks. Thanks for all replies.

Scottwax
06-17-2008, 05:53 PM
I`ve been using it on a customer`s black Z06 every two weeks (along with a wash) for the last 5-6 months. Looks amazing and I`ve had no streaking/smearing issues.

Evenflow
06-17-2008, 06:11 PM
Honestly, Optimum Spray Wax is one of the best waxes I have ever used. I think it may even rival some paste waxes. I love always spraying on a coat after every wash, just to add that "glow" look to the car.

Gemini13
06-17-2008, 06:24 PM
Everyday until you run out. :D (bad attempt at being funny...)

Honestly I`ve been using it weekly or bi-weekly after I wash.

dublifecrisis
06-17-2008, 06:29 PM
you did say `economical` right? I have the OCW II and yeah it`s nice but I don`t think it rivals higher end paste waxes and for the price it seems to go pretty quick out of the bottle.

it sure is easy to use though and smells out of this world.

netspec
06-17-2008, 06:41 PM
I should have stated that I was looking at a gallon of Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Spray Wax vs gallon of Optimum Car Wax

imported_WCD
06-17-2008, 07:35 PM
I don`t think of it as an express wax, rather it seems to perform more like some of the sealants I`ve used. My own car is not garaged ever and after 5 weeks it rained and I watched the water bead all over every inch of the car. I use another product for a quick spray after a wash and it works great, but at the Optimum price, it`s for waxing and details, not maintainance for me.

Rob

imported_etml12
06-17-2008, 08:59 PM
It has been a little while since I`ve used version 1 but I remember it looking quite nice for a spray wax product. This weekend I played around with the new version to top some poli-seal and was surprised as it looked rather synthetic (read: plastic like).

Is it just me or has anybody else noticed this?

jshillin
06-18-2008, 05:34 AM
It looks awesome on Silver metallic. You can use it after every wash if you`d like. I was using it about every 3 - 4 weeks, I let it go to 5 weeks once and you could tell it was pretty much gone...

EBPcivicsi
06-18-2008, 06:21 AM
I use it pretty much after every wash on my personal cars--also some customer cars.

buja
06-18-2008, 12:26 PM
i`ve heard of some people using the pc to burnish it into the paint.

has anyone tried that ? what kind of pad (colour and size) and on what setting ?

Bigpikle
06-18-2008, 02:25 PM
i`ve heard of some people using the pc to burnish it into the paint.

has anyone tried that ? what kind of pad (colour and size) and on what setting ?

seems pointless IMHO - a quick spray and wipe and its gone, so cant see the need for a machine????

Scottwax
06-18-2008, 06:36 PM
I use it pretty much after every wash on my personal cars--also some customer cars.

I`d been going back and forth between OS and OCW on my own car. The last 4 weeks, I`ve been laying off the QD and ONR and just running mine through touch free laser washes to see how the beading holds up. So far, so good. :)

backwoods_lex
06-18-2008, 10:11 PM
Wow. I was under the impression from many previous posts that the stuff would last like 3 months. I`m not a big fan of "overspray" waxes (as I call them), but I was going to give this one a shot based on durability alone.

Scottwax
06-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Wow. I was under the impression from many previous posts that the stuff would last like 3 months. I`m not a big fan of "overspray" waxes (as I call them), but I was going to give this one a shot based on durability alone.

I get around 4-5 months using OCW over Poli-Seal. That is on cars I don`t wash regularly with ONR.

OCW alone is closer to 3 months, give or take depending on location and enviroment.