PDA

View Full Version : Megs #95 in today

russde
06-17-2008, 02:40 PM
I just picked up my #95 from the local NAPA paint store, they had to order it in for me. Pretty quick though, I ordered it Friday and it arrived this morning, $18 w/ tax for 32 oz.

I plan on trying it out on my diamond hard, white BMW this Saturday, though it will be difficult to wait that long especially since I`m going to be using my new Flex with it. :getdown

Any tips? Suggestions? I`ll try to take some before and after photos, but my photo skills are lacking and it`s tough to see swirls and RIDs in this white paint...which is a good thing in the long run.

Cheers,

Russ

SuperBee364
06-17-2008, 03:03 PM
That`s a great price, russde. Just work it as you would any other polish: Max speed on the Flex with an appropriate pad (probably either LC orange foam, or PFW) until it goes clear, then wipe off the residue. It`s about one of the easiest compounds to use there is. The finish it leaves is nice, too. You`ll love it. :)

Would looooove to see pics of that gorgeous white BMW afterwards...

russde
06-17-2008, 03:46 PM
Thanks SuperBee,

I am planning to try the #95 with an orange LC, then some OPS on a green LC. I`ve got an auto-x on Sunday so I might not get it completely finished (family stuff to do as well), but here is an `action` photo from a few weeks ago: http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t50/russde/118.jpg (http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t50/russde/?action=view&current=118.jpg)

SuperBee364
06-17-2008, 07:33 PM
Very cool. I`m more than just a bit jealous. :bigups

M0nk3y
06-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Is that a E36?

Good luck with the #95. I wanna buy some actually. Let me know how it comes out!

russde
06-18-2008, 08:01 AM
Very cool. I`m more than just a bit jealous. :bigups

Thanks Super, I bought it in November as a present to myself when I got a new job (with a raise). The market on these cars is great right now, for the buyer, if you are willing to work on the car yourself they are very easy to maintain and the parts are available on-line at reasonable prices. I only paid $8000 for it, with 96k on it. I absolutely LOVE it.

Is that a E36?

Good luck with the #95. I wanna buy some actually. Let me know how it comes out!

Yup, `98 e36 M3 sedan. BMW only made the sedan in `97 & `98, about 7000 total, not sure how many were 5 speeds but it wasn`t many.

I`ll be sure to post about the #95 when I`ve had a chance to play with it some.

Russ