PDA

View Full Version : Help me Decide Prices for Exterior Detail!

Pages : [1] 2

M0nk3y
06-17-2008, 10:48 AM
Ok, well I am starting to get customers for detailing. The problem is I don`t have any clue what I should charge people!!! :confused:

I am only doing exterior details, here is the products I am using..........

Wash:

Meguiars Gold Class Wash

Turtule Wax F21 Degressor

2800 PSI pressure washer

Clay:

Majic Clay

Correction:

M105

SIP

106FF

Chicago Rotary

Protection:

CG Ez-Creme Glaze

Klasse HGS

Poorboys Red Paste Wax

Wheels/Tire:

Poorboys Wheel Sealant

Meguiars Quick Wheel Wax

Meguiars High Endurance Tire Shine

Any help is appreciated. I`m just figuring out what I should be charging for this type of details :thx

elitemobile
06-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Many variables come into play and one of the biggest is your location.

A price you could get in one area people will laugh at in another so make sure you price it right for the area you are targeting

Another is the process you plan on doing is it a full correction detail or just a polish and wax?

Then finally its the condition and type of car. Each paint has its own pros and cons some are very soft some are very hard and will require extra time.

Basically for full correction i would charge hourly anywhere from 25-65 an hour is about right (depending on location of course)

For a one step exterior your prob looking at 85-200.

Hope this helps im sure othters will chime in!

dbesins
06-17-2008, 11:25 AM
well prices for full detail range anywhere from $150 to $10,000 (paul!!!)

but I believe it all depends on your niche. for me the number of polishing step is a main factor one step polish $200 three step polish $500 or you can do per hour

M0nk3y
06-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Many variables come into play and one of the biggest is your location.

A price you could get in one area people will laugh at in another so make sure you price it right for the area you are targeting

Another is the process you plan on doing is it a full correction detail or just a polish and wax?

Then finally its the condition and type of car. Each paint has its own pros and cons some are very soft some are very hard and will require extra time.

Basically for full correction i would charge hourly anywhere from 25-65 an hour is about right (depending on location of course)

For a one step exterior your prob looking at 85-200.

Hope this helps im sure othters will chime in!

I am doing full correction details.......

The car I am planning on doing is a Acura TL-S

I was figuring around $100-$150 for a full correction detail. Maybe thats on the cheaper end. I dunno.

Hopefully some other people chime in.

Thanks for the comments so far!

dmw2692004
06-17-2008, 11:59 AM
I am doing full correction details.......

The car I am planning on doing is a Acura TL-S

I was figuring around $100-$150 for a full correction detail. Maybe thats on the cheaper end. I dunno.

Hopefully some other people chime in.

Thanks for the comments so far!

so your gonna do a three step(give or take a few) correction?

M0nk3y
06-17-2008, 12:53 PM
Yes, 3 step if it needs it.

If not, I will just do SIP and 106FF.

I haven`t had a chance to see his car under high-powered halogen lighting

imported_JoshVette
06-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Acura has a pretty soft clear so how long do you anticipate the correction taken based on previous experience?

I would figure a full size sedan with soft clear to take at least 6-8 hours to correct close to perfection with no buffer trails.

Figure what you feel your services are worth per hour and charge accordingly.

$50 per hour x 6 hours is $300. Just make sure it`s worth $300 when you`re finished. :hifive:

Josh

Envious Eric
06-17-2008, 02:54 PM
a two step with clay exterior only on a car starts at 200 for me...takes about 4 hours from start to finish, but that is not shooting for perfection, just a lot more shine and 80%+ defect removal, without leaving a hazy finish, but rather some slight swirling...

people have to remember, its a detail, not a new paint job...if they wanted perfected paint, it will run more obviously

M0nk3y
06-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Acura has a pretty soft clear so how long do you anticipate the correction taken based on previous experience?

I would figure a full size sedan with soft clear to take at least 6-8 hours to correct close to perfection with no buffer trails.

Figure what you feel your services are worth per hour and charge accordingly.

$50 per hour x 6 hours is $300. Just make sure it`s worth $300 when you`re finished. :hifive:

Josh

On my car, BMW 325xi Sedan. With SIP and 106FF, it taken me close to 7-8 hours to complete the wash, correction, and protection...........

That was with a PC, and hard clear coat.....though

So in your opinion, $150 is too cheap to be charging?

imported_Denzil
06-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Just do hourly, it makes charging customers simpler.

Envious Eric
06-17-2008, 04:26 PM
another thing you can do for customers who have a set budget is price it hourly, then ask what areas they are most concerned with, then tell them what you are going to do to meet their needs, and then EXCEED them so that they tell their friends...

imported_JoshVette
06-17-2008, 05:27 PM
On my car, BMW 325xi Sedan. With SIP and 106FF, it taken me close to 7-8 hours to complete the wash, correction, and protection...........

That was with a PC, and hard clear coat.....though

So in your opinion, $150 is too cheap to be charging?

As mentioned, decide what you want to make per hour and charge by the hour on a full correction job.

I don`t know what you`re market is like in your area, but for that kind of work, I`d go no less then $300.

Also I don`t know how experienced you are, when I first started out I was only charging like $30-$40 per hour, now I`m charging $75 and very glad I am too.

Josh

M0nk3y
06-17-2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks for all your suggestion guys. Ill adjust my prices accordingly

Also, another question.

Would it be a good idea to try to work for a BMW dealership, detailing cars that is?

imported_JoshVette
06-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Thanks for all your suggestion guys. Ill adjust my prices accordingly

Also, another question.

Would it be a good idea to try to work for a BMW dealership, detailing cars that is?

Don`t waste your time working for dealerships of any sort, they will pay the minimum and expect the maximum.

You`ll never get paid $30-$40 per hour at any dealership.

M0nk3y
06-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Don`t waste your time working for dealerships of any sort, they will pay the minimum and expect the maximum.

You`ll never get paid $30-$40 per hour at any dealership.

That is what I figured.......I`ll still ask just to see what they give.....

I`m always there, I know the head of BMW service, so I could most likely get the job. Its just the matter of money........