PDA

View Full Version : Any high quality MF from OTC?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

nlkccom
06-16-2008, 09:09 PM
I wanna pick up some MF to be used with my black Lexus ES350 (exterior). I know there are many high quality MF from online retailer, but are there any high quality MF from OTC?

blackmillenia
06-16-2008, 09:14 PM
I really like the yellow and gray vroom MF from target. The yellow ones are very plush and great from ONR washes.

Jscort98
06-16-2008, 09:16 PM
I got the yellow vroom for drying and it does work pretty well. It will almost dry a whole car. You might need a second towel to finish.

BigJimZ28
06-16-2008, 09:17 PM
Viking drying towel and green detailing MF @K-mart

Mainstay WW from Walmart house ware section

BigAl3
06-16-2008, 09:27 PM

agreed. also the orange edgeless polishing cloth, blue microfiber drying towel, and yellow premium 3pk microfiber towels (check your local kragen too). as good as any boutique microfiber towels out there... :2thumbs:

jesselyons2002
06-16-2008, 10:34 PM

Are the Walmart mainstay mf good for drying ???

BigAl3
06-16-2008, 10:52 PM

http://www.autopia.org/forum/good-deals/69234-ww-s-walmart.html (walmart waffle weaves)

drew.haynes
06-16-2008, 10:57 PM

+1 on the Viking towel

and... like maybe...

-10 on the WW from Walmart. I`ve used those for interior but the ones I have definitely did not pass the CD test... I wouldn`t use them on my exterior. My orange Vrooms from Target did much better on the CD test.

anto
06-17-2008, 03:51 AM
The WW`s from walmart are supposed to be used on glass only. I wouldn`t use them on tint film though, just exterior glass.

The 2pk Microtex from Walmart are pretty good.

Very soft, comparable to the Gray Vrooms

wannafbody
06-17-2008, 07:41 AM
The green Vikings are very nice. I haven`t seen any of their edgeless polishing towels so Kmart may have quit carrying them. Pep Boys is now carrying a SUPER THICK MF towel that`s th same as the yellow/gray chemical guys towel.

BigJimZ28
06-17-2008, 07:47 AM

the only reason I don`t use them for drying is there size... it like a big MF for drying

but they are a great glass and all purpose WW

Bunky
06-17-2008, 09:34 AM
The green Vikings are very nice. I haven`t seen any of their edgeless polishing towels so Kmart may have quit carrying them. Pep Boys is now carrying a SUPER THICK MF towel that`s th same as the yellow/gray chemical guys towel.

The edgeless towels were placed by a with a different type of material weave. They do not feel as heavy and come in a roll package. The green towels are now sold in rolled package.

imported_rydawg
06-18-2008, 12:29 AM
I used the yellow Viking from Kmart in a bind one day for a qd wipedown and they were awful. They left microscopic lint everywhere. I would stay away from these. However the green satin edge ones were superb though.

BigAl3
06-18-2008, 01:12 AM
I used the yellow Viking from Kmart in a bind one day for a qd wipedown and they were awful. They left microscopic lint everywhere.

are your referring to the 3pk premium microfibers that come rolled up (around $10)?

Joel_MD
06-18-2008, 03:45 AM
Sam`s Club sells a brand called HomeTex in a bundle of 20 for about $18. They are too small for drying large areas but perfect for general polishing and waxing duties.