PDA

View Full Version : Klasse SG as Quick Detailer?

tkdinga
06-16-2008, 09:01 PM
I did the complete process on my 550i this weekend, washed, clayed, then used the Klasse twins, AIO followed by 3 coats of Sealant Glaze. I did not follow up with PS21 or any Carnauba.

I have read somewhere that SG could be used as a spray-on Quick Detailer going forward to enhance the SG with multiple coats as long as you quickly wipe off with a MF towel. I am somewhat skeptical since when I poured it into a small spray bottle it does not "mist" very well, plus the consistency makes me wonder how well this will work without a little dilution. I was thinking it might work if it were mixed with an Acrylic Spritz like I believe Sonus makes - since Klasse is an Acrylic-based product and I think some Sonus products were formulated to work with Klasse. Has anyone tried this and do you have any tips on what to mix with and how much?

Thanks!

backwoods_lex
06-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Here is a recent thread on it.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/102906-ksg-quick-detailer-spray.html

I made a bottle 4:1 with distilled water about a year and a half ago and it just sits on the shelf. IMHO KSG doesn`t really need touch ups once layered (and if it is time to touch up, I figure I might as well just reapply).

Interesting thought: How would KSG react if added to ONR QD strength? I`ll have to do a test spot.

*edit* Using it full strength in amounts equal to a typical QD will be a PITA to remove.

jesselyons2002
06-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Ok just wondering. Has anyone use klasse all in one for car wash soap.

OCKlasse
06-17-2008, 01:07 AM
Ok just wondering. Has anyone use klasse all in one for car wash soap.

It would strip any LSP you have on the car.