PDA

View Full Version : ONR help

Bobarell
06-16-2008, 07:07 PM
Hey all, first post.

The place that I have been detailing cars has the hardest water I have ever seen and it is a PITA to just wash the car because of it. I am also in Texas so the 100 degree weather doesn`t help either. I was going to get a CR spotless but they are not cheap. I then started reading up on Optimum no rinse. This stuff seams to be great and is exactly what I am looking for because I can then just bring a couple of buckets of water from my house where it is not hard at all. I just have acouple of questions regarding use.

1. Do I need to do the 2 bucket method? On Autogeeks description it says that it seperates the dirt from the soap in the bucket.

2. I usually dry with an Absorber. Do or should I go to straight MF or WWMF? Is the drying media an important part of the ONR?

3. Wheels. Can I use wheel cleaner on the wheels with a scrub brush and then rinse with the ONR?? Should I just bring a spray bottle with just water to rinse it off?

4. I read that on dirty cars they should be pre-treated or sprayed down before washing with the ONR. If I spray it down with ONR do I do it RIGHT before I do the panel or before I even start? I just don`t want the pre-treatment to dry before I get to the panel. I was thinking pre-treat one panel ahead of time....before washing right front door, spray down the right back door.

I have been detailing for $$$ for a couple of months now and love it. it is a side job but I also want it to be my JOB. I have a great location for people to drop their cars off if that`s what they want but the water is HARD. This site has been my savior since I found it.

Thanks for all the help

Bobby

Legacy
06-16-2008, 07:18 PM
1. Yes, 2 bucket method.

2. MF or WWMF

3. Plain water or left over ONR

4. If doing outdoors and really hot, do one panel at a time.

BigJimZ28
06-16-2008, 09:14 PM
here is some good info from an ONR master:

Since others are posting "how I wash cars" threads, here is mine - Autopia.org (http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/85532-since-others-posting-how-i-wash-cars-threads-here-mine.html)

IBStoney1
06-16-2008, 09:38 PM
[quote name=`Bobarell`]Hey all, first post.

The place that I have been detailing cars has the hardest water I have ever seen and it is a PITA to just wash the car because of it. I am also in Texas so the 100 degree weather doesn`t help either. I was going to get a CR spotless but they are not cheap. I then started reading up on Optimum no rinse. This stuff seams to be great and is exactly what I am looking for because I can then just bring a couple of buckets of water from my house where it is not hard at all. I just have acouple of questions regarding use.

You may wish to try a couple of gallons of distilled water next time with the NO Rinse instead of the water from the house which may be hard water that you mention.

Using the sprayer will soften up bird stuff, bug remains, tree sap dots while preparing pollen/dirt for easy removal during the wash.