PDA

View Full Version : LongHaul Products Reviews (BigLots Bargain)

mblgjr
06-15-2008, 11:17 PM
So I was shopping this weekend with my better half and didn`t feel like waiting in line with her at the clothing store :sosad..so I wandered down to BigLots to see what was there. I always love a good surprise and I always use her Camry as a test bed :o Its a light metallic seafoam green-blue color and she always appreciates it when I clean it up. :hifive:

I`ve seen LongHaul around for a while but wasn`t willing to try any of it so finding this sampler pack was great. $4.00 out the door; couldn`t pass it up.

http://i32.tinypic.com/i5r694.jpg

Wash Soap: Typical 1:1 dilution; faint cherry scent; clear colored...viscosity reminded me of Meg`s DeepCrystal. Product worked well at lifting general "road dirt" with ease. Not particularly excellent at anything; falls into the "just a soap" category for me. Did not seem terribly harsh; but wasn`t terribly slick. Think of it as a soap with the cleansing ability of Meg`s DC; but similar slickness to Meg`s GC.

Polish/Wax: Basically an AIO/Cleaner wax; it again neither excels nor fails. Goes on with slight effort and was functional with minimal product usage. Mother`s Cleaner Wax would be a superior OTC choice. Applied sparingly and allowed to dry to haze on cool hood, it provided very mild cleaning ability with a Sealant-esque appearance. Minimal wetness; clean reflections.

Gloss: Your basic QD...VERY similar to Meg`s QuickDetailer (classic). Non offensive smell; thin; watery; aids in removal of wax residue but otherwise useless. Added minimal/no slickness to surfaces that had been previously waxed. I don`t think it would be sufficiently slick enough to consider it a QD and I sure wouldn`t say it adds "Gloss" to anything :nervous2:

Tire Seal and Shine: I saved the best for last. This is the WINNER of the box. I actually loved it. Thin, with nearly no smell or greasy feel, no buildup, non-filmy. Applied nicely with mist-pump sprayer bottle and buffed off with close-knit mf applicator. Applied to clean, dry tires it looks absolutely GREAT if you like a no-gloss; matte-black like-new tire look. It basically looks like "nothing" but you know better because the tires look "too good"; just a nice satin black. No sling; no buildup; effective in one application, perfection in two. 2oz. was enough to do 4 sedan tires twice, with 1/2 the bottle to spare. This may be a product to put in the arsenal if it has any kind of durability; but thats yet to be proven :LOLOL

Just your basic OTC review, but I was really surprised by the Tire Seal :woohoo:

BigAl3
06-16-2008, 11:04 AM
it`s a shame that big lots doesn`t carry the long haul bug degreaser anymore, that stuff worked pretty well...

mblgjr
06-16-2008, 01:13 PM
Advance has seemingly picked them up around here. Never really seen it anywhere else except the random truck stop.

3puttjay
06-16-2008, 01:29 PM
God I miss the gallon jug of TW platinum car wash for $4 that they used to have at Big Lots. Now you get a half gallon for $8 at wal-mart.

BigAl3
06-16-2008, 02:00 PM
God I miss the gallon jug of TW platinum car wash for $4 that they used to have at Big Lots. Now you get a half gallon for $8 at wal-mart.

if you go to costco, they have the big jug of turtle wax ice wash for around $7-$8. haven`t seen anything at sams club just yet as i was just there yesterday...

RobD
06-16-2008, 02:03 PM
I have the QD. It`s not bad, but not great either.. certainly not my favorite OTC QD (that honor goes to Showtime).

Seems like a deal, though. $4, geez.. can`t go wrong.