PDA

View Full Version : effects of quick detailing on durability of waxes and/or sealants

baseballlover1
06-13-2008, 11:16 AM
What is the effect?

I read that if you use feild glaze on Vintage it will extend the durability.

Also if you use z8 on zaino then it will do the same thing.

what is the deal here?

thanks guys!

awahl63
06-13-2008, 11:46 AM
I believe that Z8 is a spray sealant and not a quick detailer - Z6 is the quick detailer

I would believe that a QD helps extend the life of whatever LSP you have on the paint

joyriiide1113
06-13-2008, 11:55 AM
The answer is in your question.

Accumulator
06-13-2008, 12:16 PM
I would believe that a QD helps extend the life of whatever LSP you have on the paint

I`ve had Meg`s #34 kill off an almost-dead LSP, but my other QDs never do that.

99blackSE
06-13-2008, 04:18 PM
I would imagine the would help extend it a bit. I am pretty sure I noticed a bit of a difference during winter, between when I just blot dried and when I blot dried and followed with QD after.

Envious Eric
06-14-2008, 11:32 AM
34 has more cleaners in it than most I believe because last touch seems to brighten the appearance while 34 seems to dull it a little...

Accumulator
06-15-2008, 11:26 AM
34 has more cleaners in it than most I believe because last touch seems to brighten the appearance while 34 seems to dull it a little...

Yeah, that`s what I figure too...but stuff like QD-strength ONR and FK146 don`t do it as much as #34 for me either :think:

I once got into a sorta :argue with Mike Phillips about whether #34 might contain "alcohols". He says his chemists say no...it contains something else that`s sorta a chemical relative of alcohol but is different. I say that no matter what the exact chemical is *called*, it sure *acts* like something of that nature.

I will say that #34 never causes any problems for me except when the LSP is already near-death anyhow.