PDA

View Full Version : I`ve found some nasty stuff in cars, this ranks up near the top

Pages : [1] 2

Scottwax
06-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Every June, I detail several cars for a law firm and one of the cars I did today (`98 BMW 528) is one I`ve seen every year since I starting going to this law firm. Usually a pretty easy detail, mostly just clutter on the inside. Not this time. Yeah, it had the usual clutter, along with a powerful stench. While vacuuming, I kept expecting to find a dead mouse or squirrel under the seat. Couldn`t find anything other than a whole bunch of those wafer air fresheners. I open the trunk and the smell was noticably worse. All I could see was a 12 pack of rootbeer and that two of the cans had exploded. Weird, you`d think it would leave a sweet odor, not a foul "something died" stench. I grab the 12 pack to pull it out of the trunk and there it was...a Stoffer`s Meat Loaf frozen dinner than had been in the trunk long enough the colors on the package had begun to fade. I went to my car and got a plastic bag to pick the box up with and carried to their dumpster. I sprayed down the fabric of the trunk with BioKleen Traffic Lane Cleaner, scrubbed, wiped and vacuumed. Knocked the smell down significantly. I then let the trunk air out, only closing it to polish and again to wax. Dressing the vinyl with Optimum Protecant Plus also helped since it has a nice clean scent.

What I don`t understand is according to the boss`s assistant (the BMW owner is one of the boss`s sons), the kid had been complaining about the smell in his car for at least several weeks. How could he not have thought to look to see what was causing it? How could he continue to drive the car, especially in the summer after it has sat in the sun at the office all day?

BigAl3
06-12-2008, 03:54 PM
there it was...a Stoffer`s Meat Loaf frozen dinner than had been in the trunk long enough the colors on the package had begun to fade.

http://smiliesftw.com/x/barfaway.gif

awahl63
06-12-2008, 03:58 PM
That is absolutely terrible...how can you live like that?

howareb
06-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Hey Scott, sounds like a good time to get an ozone generator. :) or at least a good can of Lysol. PHEWWW!!!!

Scottwax
06-12-2008, 04:05 PM

You got me. First whiff and I would have torn the car apart to find the source.

imported_Denzil
06-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Wow, that`s amazing that someone would complain about it and yet not do anything about it.

M0nk3y
06-12-2008, 04:24 PM
Especially in a BMW. That man doesn`t deserve to drive a BMW ever again

rebelde33
06-12-2008, 04:31 PM
That`s what I call being lazy. I can`t believe nobody bothered to check what the smell was.

WSUcommuter
06-12-2008, 04:49 PM
BMW... Pinto... regardless it`s pretty gross!

2002 Z06
06-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Yeah I would say that`s pretty gross and that kid is dumb...haha. I think the worse thing I found was when I worked at Waterway back in the day and I was vacuuming the car and found a used condom....the driver was mid to late 30`s women who had a 4 year old, or so, in the back seat........kinda ackward.

imported_shine
06-12-2008, 06:55 PM

I agree. Gross.

imported_sal329
06-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Thats what happens when your spoiled and have people doing things for you. He complains about it but doesn`t know how to get off his #$$ to find out where the smell is commin from.

At the dealer we see some discusting and strange things in peoples cars as well.

MSOsr
06-12-2008, 08:06 PM
"Boss`s son" was born on 3d base and assumed he hit a triple. Wealthy people need to realize they have to teach their children activities of daily living.

johny
06-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Ha ... nasty. Reminds me of something that I did back in 2002. My roommate and I ate dinner at a restaurant on a Friday evening. I placed my carryout box under my driver`s seat because I didn`t want it sliding around. I forgot about it until I was leaving for work the following Monday morning. Italian food and Texas summers don`t mix.

imported_Picus
06-12-2008, 08:54 PM
So....you ate it, right? :D