PDA

View Full Version : Megs Hypershine and Slinging

jw
06-12-2008, 01:01 PM
I thought Megs Hypershine wasn`t supposed to sling? I used some last weekend and let it sit overnight and now it looks like its slinged all over the car? What`s the deal?

Mindflux
06-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Put on too thick? That`s the usual suspect with slinging.

BigAl3
06-12-2008, 01:13 PM
did you wipe/spread it around with a tire swipe/applicator?

jw
06-12-2008, 11:31 PM
Yes I did wipe it around with a tire swipe applicator. I really didn`t put it on too thick, do others not experience this?

M0nk3y
06-12-2008, 11:36 PM
With Meguiars High Endurance Gel, I wipe the Gel on, let it sit for about 5 minutes, then I wipe it off with a dirty towel.......

Bigpoppa3346
06-13-2008, 05:47 AM
I get no sling, it always is completely dry to the touch on the tires for me in a short time. What dilution did you use it at?

ptaylor_9849
06-13-2008, 06:33 AM
The funny thing about tire dressing it that it behaves differently on different tires. What looks great on my Mazda looks lousy on my vette. I did like Meguiars Insane Shine as it lasted quite a long time. HOWEVER, it slung worse than anything I`ve ever tried and the sling was very difficult to remove. But after cleaning the car the tires did shine for quite a while. At the recommendation of many folks here, I recently tried Armor All Extreme Gel. This product looked really nice for about a day then it lost it`s shine even on my garage queen. I`m thinking about trying the Meguiars again but doing a better job at wiping away excess product to avoid that nasty sling. On my daily drivers I still like Stoners More Shine Less Time. It`s very fast to apply with no sling at all. Just don`t try to apply it in the wind.

Eisen Hulk
06-13-2008, 07:48 AM
+1 on the product and +10 on the advise.

The funny thing about tire dressing it that it behaves differently on different tires. What looks great on my Mazda looks lousy on my vette. I did like Meguiars Insane Shine as it lasted quite a long time. HOWEVER, it slung worse than anything I`ve ever tried and the sling was very difficult to remove. But after cleaning the car the tires did shine for quite a while. At the recommendation of many folks here, I recently tried Armor All Extreme Gel. This product looked really nice for about a day then it lost it`s shine even on my garage queen. I`m thinking about trying the Meguiars again but doing a better job at wiping away excess product to avoid that nasty sling. On my daily drivers I still like Stoners More Shine Less Time. It`s very fast to apply with no sling at all. Just don`t try to apply it in the wind.

Junebug
06-13-2008, 11:06 AM
I like Stoners but "any" wind will cause little bitty spots of oil to get everywhere! I like Megs Hyper at 1:1 and HiTemp Grape too.

imported_Denzil
06-13-2008, 11:41 AM
I know More Shine you`re supposed to just spray on but I insist on spraying it onto my tire applicators so none of the product strays off onto my car`s paint.

gr8-wrx
06-13-2008, 12:49 PM
In my experience, prep is the key. After a little scrubbing/cleaning the tires with Meg`s APC, I do not get any sling with Meg`s Hot Shine Tire gel.

During the times I`ve applied the tire gel to my dad`s truck (who usually using No Touch foam), it does sling if I don`t clean the tire first.

jw
06-13-2008, 01:33 PM
I was using 4:1 ratio. I like a high shine.