PDA

View Full Version : Wash Mitt`s

LQ9SS
06-10-2008, 09:26 PM
I am basically looking for a new wash mitt other then the standard sheeps wool mitt, I dislike this mit because it only fits one way on the right hand.

What else are you guys` using that is paint friendly?

imported_shine
06-10-2008, 09:38 PM
I like my microfiber wash mitts. AG carries a blue one for about $8. CMA has one in green and Top of the Line has em in yellow. I also have a Lake Country Ulti-Mit but I think I like my microfiber mitts better.

BigAl3
06-10-2008, 10:07 PM
when i`m not using the Lowes GS, i use the SM Arnold sheepskin mitt. i`ve used these for years with no problems whatsoever. can`t go wrong with either, it`s just personal preference...

http://www.diycleaning.com/media/85-340(150x214).jpg

http://images.lowes.com/product/converted/019736/019736980913md.jpg

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/101657-better-grout-sponge.html

jesselyons2002
06-10-2008, 10:09 PM
I like microfiber chennile mitts for ONR and Shmitt for convential washes.

imported_Denzil
06-11-2008, 12:43 AM
I never put my hand in the sheepskin mitts anymore. Instead I just grab them from the outside and use both sides of the mitt. Then again, I converted to the Proline grout sponge and haven`t turned back yet.

snowskate
06-11-2008, 12:55 AM
I just flip my hand within the sheepskin anyway. Doesn`t bother me. I`m sure the GS and MF mitt works great, but I just trust the knap (sp?) of a high quality sheepskin.

imported_mystic04
06-11-2008, 04:55 AM
Look at the edge mitt-- shmitt i tthinks it`s called

Dedication to Detail - The Edge Buffing Pads (http://www.edgepads.com/products/shmitt.htm)

Eisen Hulk
06-11-2008, 07:17 AM
I`ve got several different mitts...Sheepskin, chennile mitts, 2-3 Schmitts, MF sponges, a grout sponge that Eliot Ness gave me (Thanks, man).

Eliot Ness
06-11-2008, 07:56 AM
I never put my hand in the sheepskin mitts anymore. Instead I just grab them from the outside and use both sides of the mitt...........I do the same thing with my sheepskin mitts, I can`t remember the last time I actually stuck my hand in one.

For an ONR wash I often use a nice sea sponge. My chennile, once used for QEW (pre ONR) washes, hasn`t been touched in ages.

A nice BHB used with a foam gun also works well, but you`re looking at $100 + for the pair. I do have a Schmitt, but haven`t used it yet........ same with a couple of grout sponges.

Bottom line is while I use some other wash media, my personal preference is a nice sheepskin mitt. If your only dislike is it "only fits one way on the right hand", just use it like Denzil and I do or buy a thumb-less mitt like BigAl3 pictured.

Eisen Hulk
06-11-2008, 08:18 AM
I agree with the thumb-less mitt. My sheepskin mitt is thumb-less, and I believe I bought it from The Perfect Shine (Autopia Store).

Hey, John...you may want to give the Schmitt a try. I have two versions, one of which is the Schmitt GS which mimics an actual grout sponge. I love mine.

I do the same thing with my sheepskin mitts, I can`t remember the last time I actually stuck my hand in one.

For an ONR wash I often use a nice sea sponge. My chennile, once used for QEW (pre ONR) washes, hasn`t been touched in ages.

A nice BHB used with a foam gun also works well, but you`re looking at $100 + for the pair. I do have a Schmitt, but haven`t used it yet........ same with a couple of grout sponges.

Bottom line is while I use some other wash media, my personal preference is a nice sheepskin mitt. If your only dislike is it "only fits one way on the right hand", just use it like Denzil and I do or buy a thumb-less mitt like BigAl3 pictured.

a.k.a. Patrick
06-11-2008, 08:18 AM
I just flip my hand within the sheepskin anyway. Doesn`t bother me. I`m sure the GS and MF mitt works great, but I just trust the knap (sp?) of a high quality sheepskin.

Bingo, just because it has a thumb doesnt render it right/left hand only.......

Eliot Ness
06-11-2008, 08:51 AM
..................I have two versions, one of which is the Schmitt GS which mimics an actual grout sponge. I love mine.Geez Casey, I didn`t even know there was a GS Schmitt. It must have come out when I out for 6 months........ I do plan to try mine, it just won`t be on one of my cars initially ;) .

:idea Hmmmmm, wonder how much they`ll pay for my idea of a SS Schmitt. That`ll be a Sea Sponge Schmitt......... msrp ~ $200 :chuckle:

Eisen Hulk
06-11-2008, 08:53 AM
You can put me down for one of those new SS Schmitts! :bigups

Geez Casey, I didn`t even know there was a GS Schmitt. It must have come out when I out for 6 months........ I do plan to try mine, it just won`t be on one of my cars initially ;) .

:idea Hmmmmm, wonder how much they`ll pay for my idea of a SS Schmitt. That`ll be a Sea Sponge Schmitt......... msrp ~ $200 :chuckle: