PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning everything (pads, etc)

blownvert
06-10-2008, 07:17 PM
I saw the thread with dawn power dissolver. I just cleaned my pads for the first time and seemed like everything came out besides the white pad with SSR1 on it. It still is some what pink stained. I soaked them in hot water in 5 gal bucket with some simple green and dawn. I dont have dawn power dissolver yet. I massaged them and washed them. I did the same process for the mothers powerball i used. Still all that mothers metal polish is still on it. It does not look like a brand new red color. I also washed that yellow cobra tire dressor and it is stained black/grease somewhat. How do i get all these looking new and clean?

imported_Chris223
06-11-2008, 12:04 AM
Yea one of my white pads is pink for life from SSR1 but I`m not worried about it. There`s nothing you can do, it`s going to stain no matter what with a product like that.

blownvert
06-11-2008, 06:22 AM
Yea one of my white pads is pink for life from SSR1 but I`m not worried about it. There`s nothing you can do, it`s going to stain no matter what with a product like that.

yeah wierd, just as long product is still not on there and i can use other products on it. why would ssr1 stain, but not 2.5 since harsher. what about my powerball if i squeeze it i can still get residue from mothers metal polish in the can. i dont know

Macruz19
06-11-2008, 08:18 AM
When this happens.. use the white pad dedicated for that use..

Eliot Ness
06-11-2008, 08:56 AM
............if i squeeze it i can still get residue from mothers metal polish in the can. i dont knowThen it isn`t clean or completely rinsed yet. You might need to soak/rinse repeatedly or use a stronger mix (Dawn or APC) or buy some Dawn Power Dissolver.