PDA

View Full Version : help! holograms after waxing!

xxterxx
06-09-2008, 10:18 PM
after i waxed my 2nd coat of SV concorso today , i parked my car under the sun .

i was so shocked when i saw a whole log of swirls hologram lookalike on my car , tried using distilled water and QD , seems that i am just smudging the things around....

what happened? whats the reason behind it?

thanks

pampos
06-09-2008, 10:40 PM
I guess toy applied too much wax and you didn`t remove it completely...The `holograms` i guess that are just oils from your wax.Wash the car and check it again...

steelwind101
06-10-2008, 04:14 AM
Probably to much product, you can spray qd on the surface of the car as you remove the product. It will probably was away after a week with the next wash. Most of what your seeing is bonded and will break down and easily enough. Do you use ONR or a warm car wash solution?

:secret Im sure most of us have been there at one point or another!

xxterxx
06-10-2008, 08:01 AM
my swissvax dealer told me its cleaner fluid not applied properly... how true is this?

sQuashed
06-10-2008, 08:32 AM
Did you rewash the car yet to see if that helped?

xxterxx
06-10-2008, 11:45 AM
just wondering...are u suppose to rewash the car after cleaner fluid?

or right after cleaner fluid just apply the wax...

i did the latter... a friend of mine tell me otherwise...washing after cleaner fluid is necessary..

BigJimZ28
06-10-2008, 11:50 AM
as far as I know Swissvax Cleaner fluid is just a glaze

so washing would reomve the oils that it put there...and that would be pointless

it sounds like you just have extra oils on the paint

a wash, QD, or a little time should take care of it

Envious Eric
06-10-2008, 02:30 PM
holograms are fixed, oil residue is not

if you can see the "holograms" in the same spot no matter where you walk, then its from rotray

if the "holograms" are following you around the car, then its residue that wasnt cleaned all the way off (easy fix)

DinoV
06-10-2008, 03:16 PM
I have a similar problem. But before I waxed, I used RMG and I`m thinking that I didnt wipe down the RMG enough. Could that also cause this problem after waxing? I already washed the car after the wax.

imported_agentf1
06-10-2008, 03:24 PM
This is the exact reason I quit using nuba years ago and went with Zaino. Never had an issue since.

Sounds like it is the oils in the nuba sweating.

DinoV
06-11-2008, 01:40 AM
What is the best option when this occurs? Time, IPA wipe down or something else?

Accumulator
06-11-2008, 12:32 PM
What is the best option when this occurs? Time, IPA wipe down or something else?

Every now and then I get those pseudo-holograms, even with my super-thin applications. Seems to come from too-soon second applications, or using too much product. Doing some kind of spit-shining makes it a *LOT* less likely.

I try QDing first, which almost always fixes things. If that doesn`t work I do a regular wash with a cold water rinse and I QD while drying.

If that didn`t work (never had it not), I`d use some paint cleaner and then redo the LSP (with just one coat :) ).

nightrider350z
06-11-2008, 08:25 PM
If that didn`t work (never had it not), I`d use some paint cleaner and then redo the LSP (with just one coat :) ).[/QUOTE]

+1