PDA

View Full Version : Waxing Techniques

ReDaLeRt
06-09-2008, 03:49 PM
Hi,

Do you use any *exotic* technique to remove the excess of your wax like using two MF towel simultaneously, apply some QD, etc?

Tks. :)

[[]]

Legacy
06-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Hi,

Do you use any *exotic* technique to remove the excess of your wax like using two MF towel simultaneously, apply some QD, etc?

Tks. :)

[[]]The exotic technique is to apply the wax thin, thin, thin.

phamkl
06-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Applying thin is THE technique. It`s probably the single most important technique when it comes to LSP.

For removal, I spritz the surface with some cold water before buffing it off. Some people breath on a spot and buff that off. I think the idea is that the water helps to smoothen out the wax layer for a better gloss. You may also want to check out "spit shining." It`s in the hall of fame forum by an MIA member called Nick T.

jesselyons2002
06-09-2008, 06:05 PM
Applying thin is THE technique. It`s probably the single most important technique when it comes to LSP.

For removal, I spritz the surface with some cold water before buffing it off. Some people breath on a spot and buff that off. I think the idea is that the water helps to smoothen out the wax layer for a better gloss. You may also want to check out "spit shining." It`s in the hall of fame forum by an MIA member called Nick T.

I myself do something similar to this. I just use one damp mf for the first removal of the wax and then a dry to and go over the spot again.

Legacy
06-09-2008, 06:25 PM

For removal, I spritz the surface with some cold water before buffing it off. Some people breath on a spot and buff that off. I think the idea is that the water helps to smoothen out the wax layer for a better gloss. You may also want to check out "spit shining." It`s in the hall of fame forum by an MIA member called Nick T.I never tried removing wax with cold water, but I do know when applying two layers, it is reccomended to use cold water when applying the second layer. The idea is to dissolve the solvents in the wax so that it will not remove the previous layer of wax.

imported_gators241987
06-09-2008, 06:29 PM

Hall of fame forum? wheres that at?

imported_shine
06-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Hall of fame forum? wheres that at?

http://www.autopia.org/forum/detailing-articles-videos/38121-spit-shine-your-car-technique-revisited.html

imported_gators241987
06-09-2008, 07:13 PM
http://www.autopia.org/forum/detailing-articles-videos/38121-spit-shine-your-car-technique-revisited.html

Ahh, Ive read that before, but I thought there was an actual section called "hall of fame"

Accumulator
06-10-2008, 08:52 AM
Yeah, it *used* to be called the "Hall of Fame" prior to the last redo of this site.

I probably play around more with wax *application* techniques than I do with removal ones, but I`m in the "fog with breath" camp- I do that when buffing off *all* my LSPs.

I`ve tried spritzing a little leaves-stuff-behind QD on the wax residue and then buffing it with MF bonnets on the Cyclo. Worked OK but I went through a *LOT* of bonnets and if I got heavy-handed about it I got issues like streaking.

ReDaLeRt
06-10-2008, 08:02 PM
I`ve heard about a buffing technique, something like "spider" (2 MF, one on each hand, working simultaneously). Anyone knows that?

Thank you guys! :bounce

[[]]

jedovaty
06-10-2008, 10:50 PM

:idea

Sure.. two.. towels..

With...

Bubbles. But, what Bubbles are, you will need to determine the proper MPAA rating..

G, PG, PG13, R, NC17, XXX, or unrated?

:bolt

ReDaLeRt
06-12-2008, 03:49 PM
:funnypost

Anymore techniques? :hifive:

[[]]