PDA

View Full Version : How much Z-PC to use?

avalys
06-09-2008, 02:35 PM
I have a 2003 BMW 325Ci. Let`s say I`d like to do half the trunk lid with Z-PC and my Porter-Cable. I have a fresh pad on hand. How much Z-PC do I put in the pad?

I have heard everything from 2-3 to 10 "pea-sized drops". But with a dry pad, it seems like that much will simply be absorbed by the foam. Do you need to put more product on the pad when you`re first getting started?

Also, how do I know when the Z-PC has finished breaking down? I see people talking about "when it turns clear" - but isn`t it mostly clear from the start? Or do they mean clear as in nearly invisible?

gmblack3
06-09-2008, 03:05 PM
Start out with a spritz of Z6 on the pad. Apply 3-4 pea sized drops on the pad and like you said work it till its "clear as in nearly invisible."

wannafbody
06-09-2008, 03:10 PM
I mist the pad with Z6 and add about 6 to 8 dots in various positions on the pad. I also tend to work a little larger sections than others.

HCF
06-10-2008, 01:30 PM
I mist the pad with Z6 and add about 6 to 8 dots in various positions on the pad. I also tend to work a little larger sections than others.

same here got a full size truck