PDA

View Full Version : Hello. Would like feedback - Did I miss anything

jeffl
08-16-2005, 01:20 PM
Hi All,

I just got a new Infiniti G35, and discovered this great resource for taking care of my new baby.

I was thinking of taking my car in to a professional for the first detail just so I can get some immediate protection in place, but I haven`t been able to find any recommendations for a reliable shop in the San Jose, CA area. If anyone knows of a good place, please let me know. I heard that Diablo in Mountain View was good but it looks like they`ve changed owners, and I saw an unanswered complaint on the BBB site. I`m not sure that I want to take a chance there.

In the meantime, I`ve been trolling the posts for a few days trying to figure out where to start. I`ve put together a list of steps and just wanted some feedback to see whether or not this sounds like a good plan.

Unfortunately, I don`t think it`s going to be realistic for me to wash/wax my car as often as I would like. I`m in an apartment without a car wash area, and am pretty busy at work, so I`m looking for a treatment plan that emphasizes protection rather than super-high gloss.

Here are the steps/products I`m thinking of using for the exterior if I can`t find a pro:

1. Wash with NXT or poorboys (can I use the Poorboy`s waterless wash instead of a bucket wash?)
2. Clay with Sonus clay
3. Klasse AIO
4. Wolfgang deep gloos or Klasse high gloss sealant (do I need this if I use the Klasse AIO?)
5. Pinnacle Souveran liquid wax

Thanks in advance for any feedback. I`m also going to try posting this over at autopia to see what comes back.

GregCavi
08-16-2005, 01:33 PM
your process looks good. you can only use pb spray and wipe when the car is lightly dirty. If you can see filth on the mf then it isnt safe. I would wash just to ensure real cleansliness. After you wash then you can clay or clay while washing. The aio and wolfgang combo will look sweet on your paint. Souveran will just make it looker better.

Greg