PDA

View Full Version : SV quick finish or Z field glaze?

xxterxx
06-08-2008, 03:59 PM
i need a good QD which will give high gloss look....and also to clean up some hazing that my car gave me... contemplating between SV quick finish and Field Glaze... which one do you guys think its better?

btw does SV quick finish contains any carnuba sap or anything? field glaze`s selling point seems to be ` liquid carnuba thingy`

steelwind101
06-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Hello

There have been alot of posts with regard the Field Glaze, if you do a search on my name you should see, there under QD to compliment Zymol.

But first off, Field Glaze isnt really QD. It doesnt have the ability to clean very well or bring up dirt or dust away from the surface. So if you have residue on your paintwork Field Glaze will most likely just smudge it around. There is an art to apply Field Glaze to avoiding steaking too.

Quick Finish, i only just got this a few weeks ago. Again, not really a QD its much more a top up wax. Something to use post wash rather then on dusty or dirty cars.

You have two choices:

1) Get a your self a good cleaning QD to remove the hazing, i presume hazing means dust left over from polish or unbuffed wax rather then a paintwork defect? This QD could be Meguiars red bottled QD, Mothers Show time etc etc. anything that doesnt have content to protect the paintwork. That way they wont detract or change the finish before you apply your beautfying QD/Spray wax. When you have used the cleaning QD apply your Field Glaze or Quick Finish.

2) Buy a QD that looks great and has the cleaning action and forget the Quick Finish or Field glaze. There are lots out there, FK425, QuickShine, Crystal Mist, Hot Rod Detailer, Poorboys QD+.

Geoff

SuperBee364
06-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Hello

There have been alot of posts with regard the Field Glaze, if you do a search on my name you should see, there under QD to compliment Zymol.

But first off, Field Glaze isnt really QD. It doesnt have the ability to clean very well or bring up dirt or dust away from the surface. So if you have residue on your paintwork Field Glaze will most likely just smudge it around. There is an art to apply Field Glaze to avoiding steaking too.

Quick Finish, i only just got this a few weeks ago. Again, not really a QD its much more a top up wax. Something to use post wash rather then on dusty or dirty cars.

You have two choices:

1) Get a your self a good cleaning QD to remove the hazing, i presume hazing means dust left over from polish or unbuffed wax rather then a paintwork defect? This QD could be Meguiars red bottled QD, Mothers Show time etc etc. anything that doesnt have content to protect the paintwork. That way they wont detract or change the finish before you apply your beautfying QD/Spray wax. When you have used the cleaning QD apply your Field Glaze or Quick Finish.

2) Buy a QD that looks great and has the cleaning action and forget the Quick Finish or Field glaze. There are lots out there, FK425, QuickShine, Crystal Mist, Hot Rod Detailer, Poorboys QD+.

Geoff

Yeah, Field Glaze will streak like crazy. Ya just gotta keep buffing it before it dries. Using two MF"s works pretty well. Use one as your initial application/spread/removal towel, then use a second one to *completely* remove any residue before it dries. Any remaining Field Glaze residue will streak to high heaven. The second MF needs to be completely dry. I usually use one application MF, then four drying MF`s every time I use Field Glaze. Which isn`t very often anymore. I`d much rather use FK1 425.

xxterxx
06-09-2008, 07:32 AM
my hazing is caused by evaporated oils left by the wax...

its the wax `sweating` thingy...

SuperBee364
06-09-2008, 08:38 AM
my hazing is caused by evaporated oils left by the wax...

its the wax `sweating` thingy...

I`ve had Vintage do the sweaty haze thing a couple times. Letting the Vintage cure for a minimum of four hours then spraying it with cold distilled water and wiping it with an MF will not only get rid of the sweaty oily haze, but it`ll also give it a great spit shine look.

xxterxx
06-09-2008, 04:35 PM
tried wiping it with cold distilled water... it wont budge...

will try quick finish tmr

SuperBee364
06-09-2008, 06:00 PM
How long has it sat on the paint, xxterxx? You might need to resolve it with some more wax. That`s some *serious* sweat/haze if the cold water won`t spit shine it.