PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose a product for leather

Joel_MD
06-08-2008, 03:36 PM
I routinely detail a couple of daily drivers: a 2006 BMW 325i with gray leather interior and a 2000 Chrysler 300M with black leather. I have been using Griot`s Leather Care (http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car+care/interior+detailing/leather+care%2C+16+ounces.do) for the past couple of years, but the bottle is nearly gone and I would like some ideas for a replacement. I like the idea of a one-step product like the Griot`s, and a pleasant smell would be nice. What would you guys suggest?

wfedwar
06-08-2008, 04:19 PM
I like Duragloss 441 Leather Shampoo for weekly or monthly cleanings. It has some very mild conditioning to it and it leaves the leather noticeably softer. Sometimes I use 221, the conditioner, as well, but it can slightly add gloss. Another I like, but haven`t used much, is Mother`s Reflections Leather Care. It`s a cleaner and conditioner in one and doesn`t add any gloss. I know some people like 303 as a leather protectant, but it can add gloss, which is something I avoid.

roadster
06-08-2008, 04:34 PM
I would be intereseted in following this post....for future reference, how is a post earmarked for notification when there is activity without answering or replying to the post please?

thanks,

Nic

jb1
06-08-2008, 05:02 PM
I just tried the Duragloss leather conditioner and I like it. I`ve only used it once but so far, so good.

Scottwax
06-08-2008, 07:55 PM
I use Woolite/water to clean (do a search, probably 100 threads about it) and now that my distributor has a better price, I use Leather Master`s Leather Vital on leather. Still pricey at $38 a quart but a little goes a long way and nothing else softens leather (especially older leather) like it.

imported_gators241987
06-08-2008, 08:00 PM
I use Woolite/water to clean (do a search, probably 100 threads about it) and now that my distributor has a better price, I use Leather Master`s Leather Vital on leather. Still pricey at $38 a quart but a little goes a long way and nothing else softens leather (especially older leather) like it.

Ever tried leatherique? Its worked miracles on hard leather.

jayjacque
06-08-2008, 08:29 PM

That`s a good price Scott. Wonder is you`d mind saying which company? Or did you just get a special volume price?

Joel_MD
06-09-2008, 02:49 AM
Thanks for the ideas, everyone.

Scottwax
06-09-2008, 07:10 AM
That`s a good price Scott. Wonder is you`d mind saying which company? Or did you just get a special volume price?

Optimum Polymer Technologies Products - Dallas (http://www.colorglodallas.com/OPTProducts.htm)

That site belongs to Larry Klein, who is also the Dallas area ColorGlo rep. Leather Vital isn`t listed there but drop him an e-mail and he should be able to hook you up.