PDA

View Full Version : newbie question

bluetosman
06-08-2008, 09:20 AM
hi everyone i am new here, i just bought PC xmt intermediate swirl removal from autogeek .net and also watched introduction PC video. i have Porsche with basalt black my question is after i used XMT product can i used Zymol Concours for final polish with PC and how. please help.

thanks in advance.

Accumulator
06-08-2008, 12:27 PM
bluetosman- Welcome to Autopia!

Sorry, I`m not familiar with the XMT so I dunno if it`ll leave things ready-to-wax or not. I`ll take a wild guess and say that your Porsche would probably benefit from a follow-up using a milder product.

AFAIK the Zymol Concours needs to be applied with your bare hands so your bodyheat can soften it properly, so no, that`s not a product you oughta apply via PC.

bluetosman
06-08-2008, 09:43 PM
thank you for your post

jedovaty
06-08-2008, 10:22 PM
AFAIK the Zymol Concours needs to be applied with your bare hands so your bodyheat can soften it properly, so no, that`s not a product you oughta apply via PC.

I`m sure you`ve seen the threads where people heated their pads up in the oven/microwave and used it to apply concourse with machine. :) If that really works like they say, it`d be so much faster, but then.. that takes the fun out of running one`s hands on those wonderful curves... :D

By the way, if the OP decides to apply concourse by hand, make sure to apply to a clean surface with clean hands, otherwise, you`re going to introduce marring. Believe me, I know this well :hairpull

Accumulator
06-09-2008, 10:16 AM
I`m sure you`ve seen the threads where people heated their pads up in the oven/microwave and used it to apply concourse with machine. :) If that really works like they say, it`d be so much faster..

Yeah..but *just IMO* it sounds like a hassle and the pads won`t maintain a constant temperature (and won`t get into tight spots).

.. if the OP decides to apply concourse by hand, make sure to apply to a clean surface with clean hands, otherwise, you`re going to introduce marring. ..

I`d wear latex gloves myself, even though, just for the [heck] of it, I applied some 476S via bare hands...it was easy to do some tight spots on the Denali XL with a dab on my fingertip. No, it`s not some big deal hassle..there, I actually admitted that :D And 476S isn`t as touchy-feely nice as some Zymol stuff either!

jedovaty
06-09-2008, 12:56 PM
I dunno if i`d do 476 by hand.. the strong "industrial" scent made me dizzy and nauseous. I use the stuff on my wheels, and boy did I get light headed. Wonder what would happen if absorbed through the skin :eek:

bluetosman
06-10-2008, 07:59 AM
so what products you guys recommended for complete details on my car use with PC

Accumulator
06-10-2008, 08:08 AM
I dunno if i`d do 476 by hand.. the strong "industrial" scent made me dizzy and nauseous. I use the stuff on my wheels, and boy did I get light headed. Wonder what would happen if absorbed through the skin :eek:

Huh, I never noticed anything like that (and I`m using pre-VOC 476S). But if you`re even *remotely* concerned about such a thing I sure would err on the side of caution!

bluetosman- Some Porsches have very hard paint, others have very *soft* paint, and some are medium! Makes it tough to recommend products. I haven`t had a Porsche for a while myself...

For work by PC I always recommend 1Z brand polishes. The Paint Polish is a medium-strength product and the Metallic Polish with Wax is a *VERY* mild one. Both leave wax behind.

I would get both the Paint Polish and the Metallic Polish with Wax and *I* would use Collinite brand wax unless you already have the Zymol Concours (in which case I`d use that). Sources for 1Z: Welcome to Exceldetail.com! (http://www.exceldetail.com/) or Aloha & Welcome to Our Oasis for All Your Auto Detailing, Auto Detailing Supplies, Auto Detailing Equipment, Auto Detailing Products, & Auto Detailing Accessories for all your Automobile Detailing (http://www.pakshak.com/index.html) .

There is no way for me to overstate how user-friendly the 1Z line of polishes are. Nothing else I`ve used (and that`s a quite extensive list going back decades) even comes *close*. While other people might prefer other products that work great for them (and yeah, I use a lot of other different polishes for certain things too), IMO it really is a case of "if you have to ask, the answer is 1Z".