PDA

View Full Version : Help me make my next order!

Impreza06
06-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Hey everyone,

I`ve been lurking on this site for a little over a year and more recently have began posting. My experience as far as detailing goes are minimal but I`ve made the decision to change that! (Yes, I`ve taken the plunge)

So far I have the following items in my "arsenal":

Klasse AOI

Sonus clay

Sonus sfx-1 & 2

Stoners IG

Megs Hot Rims

Eagle one tire and wheel cleaner

Mothers mag&aluminum polish

Megs NXT original

P21S concours-look carnauba wax

Megs #16

Mothers instant detailer

Megs Endurance tire shine

Mothers carnauba cleaner wax

Wolfgang AutoBathe

Wolfgang Foamgun

A Few WW drying towels

Assortment of other various MF towels from eshine/autopia

I was planning on buying the following in my next order:

UDM Swirl Buster Kit (eShine Canada: 3.1 Ultimate Detailing Machine Swirl Buster Kit (http://www.eshine.ca/31_ultimate_detailing_machine_swirl_buster_kit-266.php?cat=28))

w/ assortment of pads (I need some help deciding on which pads to get, I have a choice of 5, and the kit comes with 1 factory provided white polishing pad)

Black WoW

SSR2.5

SSR3

Clearkote VMW and RMG

ONR

P21S GEL version Wheel Cleaner

3M Ultrafina

As well as some bulk MF towels from either ADs, microfibertech or something or other..

Sorry for the long read, but with detailing being the expensive hobby that it is I would like to ensure that I get everything I need, and none of the stuff that I don`t. I am also aware that a lot of items being used come down to personal preference and if anyone would like to chime in with personal experiences of any mentioned items, or items they would likely substitute another for that would be great.

Lastly, to make the process easier for anyone who takes the time to go through this..

I own a 2006 Subaru Impreza, Aspen White. From searching around I`ve found that my cars paint is soft, which will likely influence the items I use.

Thanks!!

Eisen Hulk
06-07-2008, 10:00 PM
I would stay away from the SFX-1 & 2.

Get a real polish...Menz or Megs.

Jscort98
06-07-2008, 10:26 PM
I`d get two orange, one white and two black or blue for putting on finishing polish or wax. That`ll give you two for each step and you can always clean em a bit if they get caked with product. Looks like you`re set. Hopefully you have enough room to put all that stuff.

s-one
06-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Just curious why the Klasse AIO and NXT?

Impreza06
06-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I`d really like to hear some more opinions though!

imported_Denzil
06-10-2008, 04:27 AM
I would get DWG and P21S 100% personally.