PDA

View Full Version : ColourX

danz24
06-05-2008, 02:18 PM
What exactly is this and how does it meet up to "autopian" standards. I did a search but did not find much.

I currently use it as a cleaner/polish but are there better products out there for the price? Or can this pass?

Way2SSlow
06-05-2008, 02:29 PM
For the price, it`s hard to beat. It`s a good cleaner wax that leaves behind some protection. I don`t think there really is an "autopian standard" because a lot of people are using all kinds of different stuff and they`ll all tell you that what they`re using is great. I have some ColorX and though I dont really use cleaner wax type products much, that`s the one I keep around. I`d say if you`re happy with it, keep using it.

wannafbody
06-05-2008, 03:08 PM
It`s equvilant to Poli-Seal. For the price it`s hard to beat.

steelwind101
06-05-2008, 06:54 PM
More effective at removing oxidation then other cleaner waxes you get esp. OTC.

danz24
06-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Alright cools thats pretty convincing so far. I guess i`ll keep it as my cleaner polish.

GlossyTundra
06-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Yeah, oxidation is it`s strong point. I use it on my "rougher" details to get the icky filth off.

It actually looks decent as well.

TTWAGN
06-06-2008, 01:49 AM
Aparently its the same formula as #66 from the mirror glaze lineup

Awesome product, i use it on nearly every car it removes swirls when used by a buffer, hides swirls if applied by hand and leaves a decent level of protection.

I apply it on a random orbital with a cutting pad for my one step and it removes light swirls and leaves the surface very glossy in a single step. Great for bulk detailing. If you only want to spend 1 hour buffing the paint #66 will have the paint looking better than any other product IMO.

imported_User Name
06-06-2008, 09:30 AM
I love it and the price is a HUGE bonus.

the other pc
06-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Aparently its the same formula as #66 from the mirror glaze lineup...Meg’s says it’s not the same formula. But it sure seems very similar.

#66 is more aggressive than ColorX and is formulated to used by rotary (in addition to hand, orbital and DA like ColorX).

It’s like ColorX’s big brother.

PC.