PDA

View Full Version : Black Wow vs. PB Trim Restorer

Pages : [1] 2

mose
06-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Anyone use both? Any feedback on how they compare?

BlueLibby04
06-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Ive not used either of those but I have used Megs Hot tire shine gel on trim and it does better than anything else Ive tried. Including megs ASD and GC trim detailer. Ive had it on my Jeeps door handles around a month now and they still have a nice matt finish to them. :2thumbs:

imported_Denzil
06-05-2008, 11:44 AM
I actually have both. I wonder if there`s anyone else that has it. I`ll try to work on a comparison/review over the next few days.

willtothewong
06-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Ive not used either of those but I have used Megs Hot tire shine gel on trim and it does better than anything else Ive tried. Including megs ASD and GC trim detailer. Ive had it on my Jeeps door handles around a month now and they still have a nice matt finish to them. :2thumbs:

oh cool, i have a bottle of that stuff from the walmart nxt 2.0 sale a while back. and i already have my favorite tire dressing so at least now i have a reason to use meg`s hot tire shine gel :)

mixxer
06-05-2008, 03:49 PM
BW is the best for restoring but the PB trim restorer is a great product as a protectant and dressing

mixxer
06-05-2008, 03:51 PM
http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-brag/107852-black-wow-before-afters.html

imported_beachwolverine
06-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Does anyone know if Black WOW can be applied to gray trim (in my case on a Honda Pilot) or is it specific to black?

MrRumble
06-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Does anyone know if Black WOW can be applied to gray trim (in my case on a Honda Pilot) or is it specific to black?

BW is not color-specific.

backwoods_lex
06-06-2008, 12:25 PM
FWIW, Mothers BTB apparently just changes their formula. It is now thicker and requires less coats. I`m not sure how many less because I just found out the other day.

Bunky
06-06-2008, 01:41 PM
FWIW, Mothers BTB apparently just changes their formula. It is now thicker and requires less coats. I`m not sure how many less because I just found out the other day.

Where did you get this info?

Jesstzn
06-06-2008, 01:52 PM
I haven`t compared it to PB but I used it on my TL by the wipers and in the grill .. 11 washes and a couple of rains and its still holding up ..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/JessTzn/IMG_0745.jpg

here is a before/aft pix on an 02 Audi trim.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/JessTzn/IMG_0758.jpg

Bunky
06-06-2008, 04:21 PM
I have used Mothers Back to Black and it works better with some plastics better than others (better than 75% success rate). It is not a wipe on / wipe off product.

Be sure to shake it up and apply by working it in, let it soak, and then buff it well to remove excess. If you do not buff after application, it may run a little after a rain or wash. Also, be sure the plastic is clean prior to application. In recent instance, I had to scrub some textured cowling with an APC to remove the embedded pollen so it could actually soak in. It looked great for one wash and realized it was not clean enough.

shakashaunz
06-06-2008, 06:05 PM
I used forever black on my 300zx`s trim and it worked wonders. It`s actually a dye unlike most other products and has lasted over a year and still going strong.

backwoods_lex
06-16-2008, 01:55 AM
Where did you get this info?

Sorry, I totally missed this response. I bought a fresh bottle from walmart a few days prior to the original post. I usually buy 1-2 per month and use the product on a regular basis (for now anyway). The most recent bottle that I purchased was *substantially* thicker. It also required less coats than what it usually does (which in this case was two compared to the normal 4-5 coats that is typical).

I find that some companies change their products on a regular basis without announcing it. Tuff Stuff is a good example of this.

mblgjr
06-16-2008, 09:42 AM
I`ve been wondering this as well.

I`ve been using PB TrimRestore and really like it. Lasts long enough for me and looks perfect on grained black trim. Not too much gloss; no residue; no running; easy application.