PDA

View Full Version : Apply by hand or PC

blownvert
06-04-2008, 01:45 PM
These are the last 3 products im going to use other than the polishing and glaze. Some people say apply by hand, but I really wanna use a PC since it works really good. How can applying by hand be better? PC works it in good. Applying by hand with applicator pad, would you do circular motion? So which pad color for each product. Would it be black/grey with EX, then the blue pad for the other 2?

Poorboys EX

Clearkote CMW

Poorboys Natty Blue

BigJimZ28
06-04-2008, 02:08 PM
it is personal preferance

both are fine, do what you want

Gopher
06-04-2008, 03:13 PM
I tend to be less wasteful and get better coverage via PC. It is also faster...

OTOH I sometimes have a difficult time cleaning wax from my foam pads.

wascallyrabbit
06-04-2008, 03:19 PM
i use a pc (soon a flex) to apply everything, get better coverage and use less product. for your pad try the different ones and see which one appeals to your eye the best.

blownvert
06-04-2008, 04:45 PM
so im just applying it not working it in? Is the black/gray pad the samething as the blue?

Legacy
06-04-2008, 05:49 PM
so im just applying it not working it in? Is the black/gray pad the samething as the blue?They are all finishing pads, but the order from least aggressive is Red, Blue, Black/Gray. BTW I too like to apply LSP with a pc, except for WOWA sealants.

blownvert
06-06-2008, 07:29 AM
am i just applying it not working it in? so it shouldnt take long, spread around the whole car.

Eliot Ness
06-06-2008, 07:50 AM
am i just applying it not working it in? so it shouldnt take long, spread around the whole car.Correct, it shouldn`t take too long, just make sure you get thin and even coverage. I`ve applied all of those products except NB with a PC before with good results. The only reason I didn`t use a PC with NB was because I was topping after a wash and I didn`t already have my PC out.

Not sure you`ll need to top CMW with NB, but you can try it. I would let the CMW cure for at least a day (or until after the next wash) before topping with NB.

abbeysdad
06-06-2008, 08:12 AM
I was sold on the PC the first time I used it and with the exception of spray on/wipe off, use it every time for polish and LSP application. You can get a better application/results with less product than by hand... and you don`t have to have the thing cranked up so high it shakes your soul - I almost never have it above 5. I like to spread product by hand first a panel at a time, staying away from crevices, then go to it with the PC, never changing the speed setting. As for pad, grey, blue - any finishing pad is fine. There`s a lot of `to do` about different pads (foam densities) and in many cases, it just doesn`t matter that much. For instance, before I got my hook `n loop backing and pad collection, I polished AND applied the LSP with the white polishing pad and it worked just fine. I recently polished using yellow and applied the LSP with blue...worked just great...so don`t go nuts over which color pad to use as the `rules` of thumb are just that.