PDA

View Full Version : How to dry MF towels?

Denis54
06-04-2008, 10:28 AM
I just used MF towels for the first time to dry my car. How should I dry MF towels once they are saturated with water?

Should I squeeze them to get excess water out?

Should I twist them to get excess water out?

Should I just hang them and wait for water to evaporate?

I did a search but did not find anything. If this has been discussed before, a link would be appreciated.

Impreza06
06-04-2008, 10:49 AM
I just wring em like any other towel..

Maybe I shouldn`t be though.. lol

3puttjay
06-04-2008, 10:51 AM
You can just air dry them like I do or put them in the dryer on low heat cycle with no dryer sheets.

Impreza06
06-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Ah.. I thought you meant DURING you detail... oops

But yea, I just put them in my dryer on low heat, never had a problem yet. Cheaper ones will start to fold on the corners and get hard etc. but that`s ok because my cheaper ones are just to wipe my rims/exhaust and other excessively dirty places I wouldn`t touch with a quality MF.

danponjican
06-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Dryer for me... just DO NOT use a fabric softener sheet.

DetailingWiki.com - Microfiber Towels (http://detailingwiki.com/index.php5?title=Micro_fibre_%28Micofiber%29_Towel s)

Denis54
06-04-2008, 12:16 PM
I guess my question was not clear.

When a towel is saturated, do you squeeze it to get excess water out so that you can continue to use it or do you discard it and use a dry towel?

Do you have to machine dry your towels each time you use them?

CoryB
06-04-2008, 12:25 PM
I guess my question was not clear.

When a towel is saturated, do you squeeze it to get excess water out so that you can continue to use it or do you discard it and use a dry towel?

Do you have to machine dry your towels each time you use them?

I wring them out when I`m drying the car and generally only use one for the entire car.

After it`s been used, it goes in my dirty microfiber pile. If it`s damp, it gets hung to dry beside the "dirty" pile. When I`ve got enough dirty ones, they get washed and dried and put back in their sealed blue-topped Rubber-maid storage box to patiently wait to be used again.

I have a separate white-topped Rubber-maid box for the older towels. Once the microfibers get stained or fade too badly they go into the "old" box and are delegated for door jambs, wheels, etc.

imported_Denzil
06-04-2008, 02:02 PM
I just grab another MF towel from my large collection. If they`re too saturated with whatever it may be (water, polish, etc.), I just toss them in the dirty clothes hamper that I have for them.

When it comes to washing and drying, I usually wash/dry them at warm or hot water/heat.

Denis54
06-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Do you hand wash them or do you machine wash them?

I am afraid my wife would kill me if she sees me near the washing machine with dirty auto towels

Legacy
06-04-2008, 04:10 PM
I wring them out when I`m drying the car and generally only use one for the entire car.

After it`s been used, it goes in my dirty microfiber pile. If it`s damp, it gets hung to dry beside the "dirty" pile. When I`ve got enough dirty ones, they get washed and dried and put back in their sealed blue-topped Rubber-maid storage box to patiently wait to be used again.

I have a separate white-topped Rubber-maid box for the older towels. Once the microfibers get stained or fade too badly they go into the "old" box and are delegated for door jambs, wheels, etc.I wouldnt wash mf used for polishing and waxing with a wash and dry type mf. Washing your wax removal mf will not absorb as well unless absolutely clean of wax.

BigAl3
06-04-2008, 04:13 PM
i wash my mf towels in warm water with liquid detergent (tide) and add 5oz`s of vinegar to the final rinse cycle, and dry them on the lowest heat setting in the dryer wih NO fabric softener/dryer sheet...

p.s. if they`re are really dirty, i`ll pre-soak them in a bucket with some APC and massage out as much of the dirt/grime, and then wash them.

i`m not married so i don`t have to sneak or be careful, LOL... :chuckle:

Obsessive1
06-04-2008, 04:20 PM
I soak mine in with the DP Pad Rejuvenator and then wash them in the washer on the delicate cycle on low heat. Then throw them in the dryer with no dryer sheets or anything on the most delicate low heat setting.

tom p.
06-04-2008, 04:28 PM
Machine wash, machine dry. The towels are tough as nails - - no concerns there!

I generally wait for a small pile to accumulate prior to washing, too.

Pats300zx
06-04-2008, 05:54 PM
I wash and hang dry on wooden racks. Then I put them in the dryer on medium heat with a set of blue dryer balls. They come out perfect.

imported_Chris223
06-04-2008, 07:08 PM
wash on warm with Sonus Der Wunder Wasche, extra rinse cycle. I throw all my towels, applicators, pads and all that in after a detail. Haven`t run into a problem yet.