PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice please

imported_mystic04
06-03-2008, 04:54 PM
Hi I have a chance to polish a 2001 55 amg it has swirls marks in the paint they don`t seem very deep then again i haven`t seen it clean either ,was dusty when i saw it this afternoon but a good many of them all over the whole car. i need to know what type of paint and clear this may have hard,soft inbetween . I have a pc, flex and a rotaryt don`t think i`ll use the rotary on this one being i just got it last week and don`t want to nor can afford to ruin the paint. I have some 106ff, DHCP along with a few other types of polish to use along with a good many pads to choose from. what would any of you long time people who have worked on a car like this use.

wash

clay

106 with a white pad to start off to see if that will do the job before trying something higher on the scale either pad or polish or both.

2nd polish with 106 with grey pad

AIO to clean afterwards

fk1 sealant

Thanks for any advice ahead of time

imported_mystic04
06-04-2008, 07:25 AM
Wow not one answer?? nobody has anything to say or any advice at all .??

brwill2005
06-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Not sure what you are looking for but, the clear is most likely fairly hard. To completely remove the swirls you would probably need a rotary with a skilled operator. The Flex may be able to do the job with the correct polish combination. At the minimum you will be able to make it look much better.

KnuckleBuckett
06-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Flex can do it.

Yellow LC and SIP should do the trick. Might get away with Orange LC and SIP. Finish up with Ultrafina SE and a white pad.

imported_mystic04
06-04-2008, 09:10 AM
What i am looking for is some info on that type car paint you seem to know that it may have hard clear on it .that was my first question. second was what type polish to use i have mez106 and a rotary but i didn`t want to use the rotary because i am new at that and didn`t want to cause any damage. i don`t care if it takes me a long time to finish the job it`s for a friend and he dosen`t need the car in one day so i have plenty of time to spend.