PDA

View Full Version : Protect Engine / Gearbox Casings

356Speedster
06-03-2008, 01:02 AM
Hi. Having been a long time lurker / researcher on here, I`ve finally come up with a question that I couldn`t really find an answer for...

I`ve always been an amature fanatic when it comes to car detailing and have looked after my cars to what my friends / family think is a slightly unhealthy degree, but with my new purchase I`ve come unstuck a bit.

In a couple of weeks I`m going to take delivery of a new Ariel Atom and I`m readying myself to immediately protect it before piling on the miles. I`m all sorted, except for the engine / gearbox..

As most of you will no doubt know, the Atom`s rear mounted Honda VTEC engine & `box are slung out back and are fully exposed to the elements. What I want to do, is keep their external "as new" appearance protected. I`ve been looking around and it seems Sonus Trim & Motor Kote is a recommended product, which once dry repels dirt & dust.

On the face of it this sounds ideal for the Atom, but I`ve not found anyone (inc Atom owners!), who have actually used this product. Can anyone on here give me any feedback on the product, or maybe recommend another that will keep the engine & `box looking shiny new & protected?

Many thanks,

Mark

356Speedster
06-05-2008, 04:38 AM
Bump! Any advice from anyone before I purchase? I guess silence means there`s general agreement, rather than any impending disaster!

Anyone? Bueller, Bueller, Anyone?!