PDA

View Full Version : Aquapel and Insulator Wax at Harbor Freight Store

MorBid
06-02-2008, 11:02 AM
I`m not sure if anyone is still using either of these products but I spied both at a Harbor Freight store while there today.

The Aquapel is the Pro formula (Blue Box) which I had to always order over the Internet because no one carried it around here. Price was about $6.45. With the cost of shipping stuff these days I`m glad I found a source local. I`ll probably stock up on it in case they stop offering it.

The Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax (No. 845) was $3.45. I stopped by a Paint and Detailer Supply on the way back to work and the same bottle was $12.50.

They also had the Meg`s Quick Detail Spray there but I didn`t look up the price.

Just wanted to share.

MoRbiD

Mindflux
06-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Wow that`s a deal on both of those. The IW845 is around $14 for most people if I remember right at HF.

I may have to run down to my HF now.

MorBid
06-02-2008, 11:31 AM
They have NU FINISH CAR POLISH there to but I didn`t get the price. The Insulator Wax doesn`t come up when you go to HF`s website.

A lot of folks look down at HF as mostly junk and I admit there are items I wouldn`t buy there. But on the other hand my hobbies (Autobody, Detailing, and Auto Mechanics) can get mighty pricey so I look for ways to save anyway I can like checking out HF and Big Lots but I won`t step foot in Walmart`s.

MorBiD

Mindflux
06-02-2008, 11:32 AM
where was the aquapel for you? In with the automotive?

Pats300zx
06-02-2008, 11:49 AM
WOW...I didn`t know the Insulator Wax was only $3.45. I saw it there but never checked the price. I will be picking some up today. I use that on my boat and love the stuff. :)

Mindflux
06-02-2008, 11:50 AM
WOW...I didn`t know the Insulator Wax was only $3.45. I saw it there but never checked the price. I will be picking some up today. I use that on my boat and love the stuff. :)

its 14 at my hf so ymmv!

BlueZero
06-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Sweet! Last time I saw the Insulator Wax there it was about $14. I was thinking of going there tonight anyway. Thanks for the tip!

MorBid
06-02-2008, 01:27 PM
I drove back over there to get some after hearing what you guys pay for it. When they went to ring it up it was $13.49 not $3.49.

As it was explained to me someone must`ve priced it wrong. Sorry you guys for the mix up. I got some anyway as I`ve never tried it but have heard good reviews about it here.

I`m sorta pissed cuz I was looking at the prices mentioned here and thought I just found a revenue generator. Oh well.

Yes the Aquapel was in the same Aisle as the Insulator Wax. Right next to each other.

MoRbiD

Mindflux
06-02-2008, 01:28 PM
I drove back over there to get some after hearing what you guys pay for it. When they went to ring it up it was $13.49 not $3.49. As it was explained to me someone must`ve priced it wrong. Sorry you guys for the mix up.

Yes the Aquapel was in the same Aisle as the Insulator Wax. Right next to each other.

MoRbiD

DANG. No luck on the Aquapel here. I looked high and low for it. Must be a store thing.

:sign

MorBid
06-02-2008, 01:41 PM
There is another deal that I know is good and working and that`s a 4 Pack of 20 x 40 inch WW Towels from Winners Circle for $19.95 (http://www.wcdetail.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=157). The price includes free shipping.

I have and still use these same towels for several years and they hold up extermely well. Don`t mar the paint and hold a lot of water before they need to be ringed out.

I use them both with conventional Bucket Washing and with ONR. I ordered more for use when doing the ONR thing.

MorBiD