PDA

View Full Version : Would like opinions on business name?

Pages : [1] 2

clnfrk
06-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Depth of Gloss Detail or Deep Gloss Detail

or neither

todd@bsaw
06-01-2008, 09:35 PM
I like Deep Gloss Auto Salon.

... oh wait...

clnfrk
06-01-2008, 09:49 PM
I like Deep Gloss Auto Salon.

... oh wait...

Is that your business name? I like the Auto Salon part, however I think it implies a fixed location whereas I am mobile.

todd@bsaw
06-01-2008, 10:05 PM
No, it`s MotorCity`s business name. I like his logo.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
06-01-2008, 10:13 PM
No, it`s MotorCity`s business name. I like his logo.

You dont want Deep Gloss Detail... that name stinks... ha ha -Thanks Todd!!!

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
06-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Sooo what did you decide on???

dublifecrisis
06-02-2008, 09:06 PM
i say Deep Gloss or neither. Not sure about `Depth of Gloss`.

clnfrk
06-02-2008, 09:25 PM
I was almost 100% sure that I would go with "Depth of Gloss Detail" until I saw dub`s post. It got me thinking and after saying both titles in my head over and over again "Deep Gloss Detail" flows way better whereas the "depth" title is quite a mouthful to say. However, I am still a bit hesitant to use a name virtually identical to MotorCity`s. So, I came up with another option. Tell me what you think.

"Glossy Depth Detail" or maybe even "Glossy Depth Detailing"

jayjacque
06-02-2008, 10:05 PM
I like the Deep Gloss Detail. Like you said, more simple and to the point. I wouldn`t worry about using someone else`s name in another city. No one`s feelings will be hurt, unless of course they have a national franchise or something. Heck you can even use mine, "Superior Touch"

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
06-02-2008, 10:51 PM
I like the Deep Gloss Detail. Like you said, more simple and to the point. I wouldn`t worry about using someone else`s name in another city. No one`s feelings will be hurt, unless of course they have a national franchise or something. Heck you can even use mine, "Superior Touch"

I kind of disagree... I use the name of my business in the titles of my click and brags on many different web sites - I often tell prospects to "google" my business name to see full write ups of my work - someone else using my name (especially someone on the forums) really mucks that up...

Plus, knowingly using the same business name for a comparable business from a business owner that frequents the same trade forums as you just seems a bit.... umm how can I say... well I don`t know the right word for it.... but it just seems a little innapropriate....

I am also in the process of getting it trademarked to protect my name and logo...

jayjacque
06-02-2008, 11:25 PM
I kind of disagree... I use the name of my business in the titles of my click and brags on many different web sites - I often tell prospects to "google" my business name to see full write ups of my work - someone else using my name (especially someone on the forums) really mucks that up...

Plus, knowingly using the same business name for a comparable business from a business owner that frequents the same trade forums as you just seems a bit.... umm how can I say... well I don`t know the right word for it.... but it just seems a little innapropriate....

I am also in the process of getting it trademarked to protect my name and logo...

Yeah I guess I can see your point. My apologies. It is done in all kinds of trades companies from different cities and states using the same or similiar name, but they`re not depending on the pics to advertise their biz.

imported_advs1
06-03-2008, 12:05 AM
i agree on not using the same name of a company even in a different city. especially if the other shop does crappy work. not that you do that Motorcity!! try and change the spelling or some thing.

2k2blackWRX
06-03-2008, 08:04 PM

I would look into heading over to legalzoom.com and getting your business name and logo trademarked if you are that worried about it. We have trademarked our business through them.

JonP
06-03-2008, 08:10 PM
I agree about trademarking the business name and logo. I had mine trademarked. It`s well worth it and not so expensive.

dublifecrisis
06-03-2008, 08:26 PM
How about `Deep Shine Details`?