PDA

View Full Version : Question on layering...

motobuild
05-31-2008, 12:15 PM
After my last order from AG.net I know have a nice selection of Waxes and Sealants (in addition to my polishes and what-not).

So, what I`m trying to figure out is what the best way is to layer what I have. Prior to my new products I`ve been using the Klasse twins, and would layer a coat of P21S Carnauba on top and really liked the results.

2008 VW R32 (Candy White)

After I polish and apply Poli-Seal I have the following at my disposal-

Klasse AIO

Klasse SG

OCW

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant (free gift from AG.net)

P21S Carnauba

My original plan was to go SG->OCW (or would I go OCW->SG?) and be done. I`m not a fan of layering simply for the sake of layering but now that I have somewhat of a decent selection of products I`m curious on what the pros would recommend.

Thanks!

Accumulator
05-31-2008, 03:14 PM
Tusin- My big recommendation is to get a good 3-4 layers of KSG on there and *then* consider what (if anything) to do next. I never was all that impressed with 1-2 layers of KSG, but more than that....well, that I *am* impressed by. And I don`t bother putting anything on top of it any more either.

motobuild
05-31-2008, 04:54 PM
Tusin- My big recommendation is to get a good 3-4 layers of KSG on there and *then* consider what (if anything) to do next. I never was all that impressed with 1-2 layers of KSG, but more than that....well, that I *am* impressed by. And I don`t bother putting anything on top of it any more either.

So you wouldn`t bother topping it with anything?

Did I buy OCW for nothing? Haha!

Edit- if I did want to give OCW a go I`d put it OVER the SG right?

Accumulator
06-01-2008, 09:25 AM
So you wouldn`t bother topping it with anything?

Correct. I`d rather be able to add more KSG from time to time.

..if I did want to give OCW a go I`d put it OVER the SG right?

Correct.

Mark77
06-03-2008, 01:18 PM
I also got a free 16oz bottle of Wolfgang sealant from Autogeek today, thank you :) I thought it was a mistake or something, but obviously there is a new version now so they give away the old stuff to good customers. I tried it today and the stuff is very very easy on and off and looks good. Any experience how well it holds up?

dmw2692004
06-03-2008, 02:46 PM
I ave always done a layer of KAIO and two coats of p21s.

imported_cushdrive
06-03-2008, 05:21 PM
I also got a free 16oz bottle of Wolfgang sealant from Autogeek today, thank you :) I thought it was a mistake or something, but obviously there is a new version now so they give away the old stuff to good customers. I tried it today and the stuff is very very easy on and off and looks good. Any experience how well it holds up?

I really like the Wolfgang. It was the talk of the town around here a year ago. I bought some and it goes a LONG way. It`s good enough that I will finish it before I try another sealant.