PDA

View Full Version : Water stains on sport cloth seats

jayjacque
05-31-2008, 11:26 AM
One of my suppliers recently put out a detailed process in which to remove stains from sport cloth seats (the type with little or no nap). It is a fairly common problem. But the thing that gets me is they recommend several chemicals used in a variety of ways, which is pretty involved and takes a bunch of time. I`ve done some myself that way sometimes successfully. The question is: Would a steam cleaner take care of this with a lot less time and hassle, maybe even do a better uniform job?

jayjacque
05-31-2008, 09:19 PM
Is this too dumb a question? Or maybe I made it sound too complicated. Just wondering if a steam cleaner is a good way to go on sport cloth seat stains?

citizen arcane
05-31-2008, 10:33 PM
I just bought a Shark steam cleaner a few hours ago from Lowe`s and have been playing around in the house w/ it, getting a feel for it. Tomorrow I`ll do the cloth upholstery in my wife`s truck that has water spots as well. I`ll let ya know.

jayjacque
05-31-2008, 11:38 PM
thanks, appreciate that

citizen arcane
06-02-2008, 06:50 PM
Sorry...got delayed over the weekend by being put on another job and will have to wait til this coming to use the steamer. This posting, however, bumps you back to the top so maybe someone can help ya out til then.

imported_Larry A
06-03-2008, 07:53 AM
Ive heard that spray foam ,Tuff Stuff, Quick Out , and the one from Duragloss will work.

New Skool
07-23-2010, 11:29 PM
I have been having the same problem on all of these interiors. No matter what I use they all end up staining. Does anyone have a method to clean these interiors without leaving stains?

Thanks