PDA

View Full Version : CG: Wax over sealant. Is it worth it?

E300Diesel
05-30-2008, 11:05 PM
Hey Guys....

As a newbie I have been reading about folks layering sealants/waxes and some applying waxes over sealants. I`m going to be detailing my garage queen again in the near future and will be applying the CG M-Seal that I already have. I like the protection and longevity of the M-Seal. I was pondering if coating the vehicle with CG`s Pete`s 53 would be worth my time. Previously after applying the M-Seal the finish looked awesome, but is there potential for more depth and shine?

I`ve included a photo of the car as I understand that certain waxes work better for certain colors... The color is "smoke silver" a fine metallic

http://pages.cthome.net/michakaveli/autopia/1.jpg

detaildoc
05-30-2008, 11:08 PM
Hey Guys....

As a newbie I have been reading about folks layering sealants/waxes and some applying waxes over sealants. I`m going to be detailing my garage queen again in the near future and will be applying the CG M-Seal that I already have. I like the protection and longevity of the M-Seal. I was pondering if coating the vehicle with CG`s Pete`s 53 would be worth my time. Previously after applying the M-Seal the finish looked awesome, but is there potential for more depth and shine?

I`ve included a photo of the car as I understand that certain waxes work better for certain colors... The color is "smoke silver" a fine metallic

http://pages.cthome.net/michakaveli/autopia/1.jpg

Completely a personal choice. Pete`s 53 is awesome on metallics, so it would definitely make the flakes pop and give it more depth and warmth. I am one of those people who likes to top sealants with a nuba because of the added depth and warmth. P21s100% and CG 5050 are other nice waxes for that color. Another way to go is Danase Wet Glaze. It will make that color dripping wet and will add more depth.

E300Diesel
05-30-2008, 11:18 PM
Thanks for the response!

imported_mburnickas
05-31-2008, 10:24 AM
I use Cg5050 of JW. Some cars it makes more depth, so cars, it does nothing (white etc). But it is a personal thing.

cobrar97
06-01-2008, 07:10 AM
Usually I use only sealant on light colors and metallics. I layer it of course and maintain with ONR as a wash and FK425 as a quick detailer. M-Seal should give the flake a nice pop. Since it`s not recommended to put a Carnauba over a sealant because you can`t continue to layer the sealant, I don`t do a layer of Carnauba unless it`s black or red...and most of that time I`m using Carnauba ONLY and just keep up with layering that.

Anyhow...I`d use sealant only.