PDA

View Full Version : How to get website to appear on search engines??

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
05-30-2008, 12:06 PM
I would like to know the tips/tricks on how to get my website to appear on search engines...

The key words I used as my "meta tags" are not doing me any good...

Thanks!!!

Mindflux
05-30-2008, 12:13 PM
1) Submit webpage TO search engines

2) Use meta tags wisely! Don`t use the same word twice like "detailing" and then "mobile detailing". Search engines will start ruling you out as `spam` for redundant meta tagging.

3) if you want to be a top hit, start paying search engines or get a lot of traffic.

Holden_C04
05-30-2008, 12:18 PM
See sig. :p

Otherwise, google SEO or "search engine optimization".

imported_PaPaHoFF
05-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Search engine optimization is easy if you know what you are doing but it is easier to pay someone to do it for you as it can be a lengthy and redundant process.

Feel free to pm me and see what I can do for you hehe.

RDAVEX7
05-31-2008, 10:10 AM
Google Adwords works alright

It will take up to a few months to get out there with a basic google submission, and you have to wait for them to crawl your site. I think they randomly do this.

jayjacque
05-31-2008, 12:36 PM
I`m not the puter geek. My wife is. She gave me this to give to you:

Firstly, find out what keywords people are using to find your services. The link below is a good tool to get keyword ideas that relate to your business.

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

To find out what people are searching for:

Google Trends (http://www.google.com/trends) Keyword mega tags.

Probably the most important is the Title Tag and Description Tag:

(Title) Your location and the Main subject or keywords people are using to find you. (i.e) Auto Detailing (Location)

(Description Meta Tags) Include your main keywords but also what sets you apart from the competion.

(i.e) Superior Touch Restoration has been providing leather furniture repairs and auto interior repairs for over 25 years. Meticilous workmanship; Convenient mobile service.

Be sure to optimize each page with different keywords.

Google has some very good information on how to optimize your website.

jayjacque
05-31-2008, 12:42 PM
My wife just looked up your website and source codes. Said to tell ya if you PM me, she`ll give you some free help. And you need it! LOL

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
05-31-2008, 09:56 PM
Thanks guys!!

Poppoff and jayjaque, PM`s coming!!

imported_PaPaHoFF
06-01-2008, 09:27 AM
sent you 2pm of some basic seo stuff that can help out your site. Deff like the other guy suggested need to clean up the code.

<html>

<head>

<title>Title of website(Use keywords first then your company name)</title>

</head>

<body>

path to image

</body>

</html>

Always indent your code so it is readable.

Indent once per new section etc and use spaces between sections.