PDA

View Full Version : Carnauba over NXT?

LikeaRock
08-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Will this combo work? I`m applying my LSP to my Saturn tomorrow, and I was thinking about putting a coat of NXT on first (possibly this afternoon) and then apply my Carnauba tomorrow afternoon? I don`t waste one or the other because it doesn`t bond good, so I thought I`d ask.

Thanks!

chml17l
08-13-2005, 08:03 PM
Will this combo work? I`m applying my LSP to my Saturn tomorrow, and I was thinking about putting a coat of NXT on first (possibly this afternoon) and then apply my Carnauba tomorrow afternoon? I don`t waste one or the other because it doesn`t bond good, so I thought I`d ask.

Thanks!

There is no problem w/ applying a pure carnauba over NXT. The carnauba doesn`t really "bond" to a surface it merely coats or lays on top of the sealant.

tsx2004
09-04-2005, 10:41 AM
there should be no problem. this should be the exact process you should do. first apply the NXT sealant. wait 24hrs, then apply the carnuba wax.

if you have poorboys spray n wipe, it would come in really handy. assume you already applied the NXT sealant and wait 24hrs, the next day im pretty sure there will be a bit of little dust on your car. this is where poorboys spray n wipe comes in.

basically spray the car with poorboys spray n wipe and then apply the carnuba wax.

orsmith
09-04-2005, 02:41 PM
nxt tech wax
is the nxt tech wax a paint sealant because i was looking for one. And it`s best to wait 24 hrs to put wax over the sealant, like if i was to use a carnuba wax?