PDA

View Full Version : For how long will 16 oz. Menzerna last?

yugin
05-29-2008, 10:47 AM
I`m thinking about getting new polish. I tried Optimum line with PC last year, but wasn`t impressed. Now I`m debating between Poorboy`s SSR and Menzerna, but leaning more towards Menzerna. I don`t want to buy a lot of product. Pakshak has 16 oz. of IP and FP. I will be doing maybe my 2 cars once in awhile, how long those 16 oz. will last for me?

awahl63
05-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Maybe 6-8 details and possibly more. If you are just doing your own personal cars the Menzerna will go a long way.

eyezack87
05-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Depends on how scratched up the car is. I used a full 16oz bottle of IP on my Lexus since my sisters washed it with a brillo pad :faint:

Car is roughly 95% brand new now though :spot

Accumulator
05-29-2008, 12:06 PM
If you match your polishes to the job just right, 16 oz. oughta last a long time. If you find youself doing a zillion passes with a pad/product combo (as I was doing on the M3 with foam pads and HT EC), then you`re doing *something* wrong..namely trying to do something that`s beyond the pad/product combo`s (proper) abilities. Four-six passes oughta get a given step done if you`re using the right stuff, and that won`t take a whole lot of product.

I just finished doing the Denali XL and I only used a few ounces of each product because I didn`t try to do my aggressive correction with a medium-strength approach. Never again will I waste hours the way I did on the M3, this stuff takes long enough with the *right* approach.

Rob Tomlin
05-30-2008, 09:11 AM
In my opinion it would last a little longer with a rotary than the pc since it is more efficient at breaking the polish down. I definitely find that I use less polish with the rotary than I did with the PC

SuperBee364
05-30-2008, 09:14 AM
In my opinion it would last a little longer with a rotary than the pc since it is more efficient at breaking the polish down. I definitely find that I use less polish with the rotary than I did with the PC

+1

You`ll definitely realize much more of the product`s potential with a rotary than a PC.

IanB
05-30-2008, 10:14 AM
I would probably skip the IP especially since you tried with the optimum line up. Why not pick up 8 oz versions of SIP and 106ff/fa off of the classifieds, it will probably come to a very reasnoable 30$, and that will be enough to do your two cars at least twice, if not 4-5 times over. Honestly, you are using so little of SIP, I have been using the same 4 oz on my hood/trunk/doors of an a6, and I have about 2 oz left, so a little goes a long way, don`t pay attention to those detailing videos with guys slinging 1 oz of product on a panel from 2 ft away. Just use 4 small pea sized dots and you are good for a 2x2 section.

Just my .02cents. SIP is absolutely awesome on hard paint too btw.

IB