PDA

View Full Version : Haze keeps coming back?

Slick71ss
05-28-2008, 09:53 PM
The last detail products used were Optimum Polish, Poly-Seal, and Collinite Insulator wax. I keep getting a haze over the black paint. I use a QD and wipe it away, but the next day it is back. Is Collinite Insulator Wax known to haze at all? I`m thinking of going over the car with Meguiar`s #26 to see if it solves the problem, but figured I`d ask the pros first.

99MustangGTVert
05-28-2008, 10:19 PM
It does actually, I used it on my black Ford Mustangs hood and it kept hazing. Eventually stopped, and is now buried under god knows how many coats of PW and FK425!!!

Slick71ss
05-29-2008, 04:27 AM
Can I just apply Megs 26 over it or will I have to try and remove the Collinite somehow first?

imported_etml12
05-29-2008, 07:59 AM
I`ve had similar experiences with IW. For whatever reason the hood of my car is prone to hazing (maybe a side effect of the repaint). I don`t remember if I put it over poli-seal specifically but I tend to attribute my experiences with applying too many products in too short a window. Applying too product much may also be a culprit.

Before abandoning IW, have you tried re-applying it to the effected areas. It is rather solvent heavy and may just dissolve whatever is there with a second coat. If the problem then persists, I would suggest removing it completely as it may taint any future efforts.