PDA

View Full Version : Z Pc?

9935annivgt
05-27-2008, 02:14 PM
Detailed my future sister in law`s car on sat. It is a black mustang conv. that was in rough shape it was also my first try using a PC. I used ZPC and the orange pad (edge 200 pads) and when I was finished I noticed that there were still scratches and the remians of water spots. Granted the car looked much better after but not as well as I thought it should after 5 hours spent cleaning on it. I used the pc on 2 to spread the polish and then went to 5 until slight dusting occured. Should I have used the yellow pad? and went over it again? I am asking because my mustang has a good case of the swirls and I have a big show in June I have to get ready for and would like to have it looking as good as I can without wasting time. Would you guys use another product? I was planning on using Red Maching Glaze on mine, but do not know if it is strong enough.

Macruz19
05-27-2008, 03:12 PM
Try the yellow pad. If no go.. then you might need to upgrade to a more aggressive polish such as Menz IP.

Eliot Ness
05-27-2008, 03:59 PM
You might also want to get some 4" pads..... they make your PC more effective since it won`t bog down as easily as with the larger pads. I think the 4" Edge pads you`ll use on the PC are the same as the Cyclo Pads:

Cyclo DoublePrecision pads are double-sided foam buffing pads for the Cyclo polisher. (http://www.autogeek.net/doubleprecision-cyclo-pads.html)

I`m not too familiar with the Edge pads but as Macruz19 mentioned you might need to step up your pad or polish. If you go with 4" pads I`d research the colors and not start out with the most aggressive pad.

imported_weekendwarrior
05-27-2008, 04:05 PM
Detailed my future sister in law`s car on sat. It is a black mustang conv. that was in rough shape it was also my first try using a PC. I used ZPC and the orange pad (edge 200 pads) and when I was finished I noticed that there were still scratches and the remians of water spots. Granted the car looked much better after but not as well as I thought it should after 5 hours spent cleaning on it. I used the pc on 2 to spread the polish and then went to 5 until slight dusting occured. Should I have used the yellow pad? and went over it again? I am asking because my mustang has a good case of the swirls and I have a big show in June I have to get ready for and would like to have it looking as good as I can without wasting time. Would you guys use another product? I was planning on using Red Maching Glaze on mine, but do not know if it is strong enough.

This is a great example of why to do a test spot. Do a couple of test spots with various combinations of pads/products to dial in the right combo to reach the results you want before doing the entire car. Last week, I went through about 5 pads, and 3 products on my test spot on one car I did before getting the finish I wanted.

wannafbody
05-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Try speed 6 as well.