PDA

View Full Version : SV cleaner fluid medium does not remove scratches...it covers them!

xxterxx
05-27-2008, 01:23 PM
My SV dealer told me that cleaner fluid medium removes scratches... when i asked him whether it polishes the clearcoat...he said NO

so here it goes.... i tried it on my spare bodykit (not on my car of course..LOL)

it has some swirls and scratches....i also created new scratches on that spare kit to test if it does remove or it can cause new scratches...

polished it with SV cleaner fluid applicator...

wow! it worked like a charm and my paint looks like its just detailed and just did paint correction... amazing!

what i did next...was to spray some diluted alchohol and washed it with some detergent..

MAN... the scratches came back exactly the way before it was polished...

now i know why after applying strong or medium cleaner fluid...we need to reapply regular cleaner fluid before applying wax... and why the expert detailers here only uses regular cleaner fluid after paint correction...because regular ones are the only one that is useful imho...

what are you guys` opinion? i am no expert in this...let me know if my experiment was wrong...

pampos
05-27-2008, 02:08 PM
My SV dealer told me that cleaner fluid medium removes scratches... when i asked him whether it polishes the clearcoat...he said NO

so here it goes.... i tried it on my spare bodykit (not on my car of course..LOL)

it has some swirls and scratches....i also created new scratches on that spare kit to test if it does remove or it can cause new scratches...

polished it with SV cleaner fluid applicator...

wow! it worked like a charm and my paint looks like its just detailed and just did paint correction... amazing!

what i did next...was to spray some diluted alchohol and washed it with some detergent..

MAN... the scratches came back exactly the way before it was polished...

now i know why after applying strong or medium cleaner fluid...we need to reapply regular cleaner fluid before applying wax... and why the expert detailers here only uses regular cleaner fluid after paint correction...because regular ones are the only one that is useful imho...

what are you guys` opinion? i am no expert in this...let me know if my experiment was wrong...

where i can find it ??

imported_DetailDan
05-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Polish out the imperfections first, then use the SV cleaner fluid to simply prep the surface for the wax, not to remove the imperfections.

Roybenz
05-28-2008, 01:11 PM
i tried medium on my 2007 E class, didnt remove anything, its useless