PDA

View Full Version : newbie to acrylic sealants...need help choosing

petp
05-27-2008, 12:33 PM
ive decided to try out some acrylic sealants this summer after all this talk about how great they are. ive always used waxes and was satified with the results. collinite 845 is my fav wax FYI. but after going on the zaino website im just confused. :hairpull so heres what i plan on doing...

BMW black saphire (metallic) color. few swirls or scratches. plan on...

clay, S100/P21s polish (by hand), then what????

cant choose between klasse AIO or SG. unless you can recommend ONE zaino product to use, the multiple steps in zaino is a dealbreaker for me. maybe menzerna FMJ? blackfire? or should i just stick with the collinite?

thanks very much!

ZeroDfx
05-27-2008, 05:05 PM
All the products you mentioned are good choices based upon my experience, so it will be personal preference in the end. From reading your post, I share your feelings re Zaino: every time I read all the various concoctions and permutations of "Z-#`s" I want to run. I`m sure the products are great, but I decided on a few others I read about here.

On my Jet Black BMW I use Menzerna polish (FPII) followed by Menzerna FTG (glaze) followed by FMJ, and have been very pleased with the results. I recently ran out of FMJ doing my wife`s car, so I will now be using Blackfire sealant instead as an LSP.

Before switching to Menzerna, I have used Klasse AIO/SG since 1990 with decent results, and even topped it with S100 at one point. The SG is a little more finicky for me to use then the FMJ and Blackfire so I switched.

Re your process, however, after claying your car you cannot use the S100/P21s wax if you still want to use a sealant; the sealant will not adhere to the wax. You will have to clay then polish (either using an AIO type cleaner or fine abrasive polish) then the sealant; and then you can either top it with wax or leave it alone depending on your preference (which you will have to determine by trying it both ways).

AL-53
05-27-2008, 05:35 PM
the zaino process is not hard at all...just do like you would with Klasse....use ZAIO first then top with either Z2/Z5 pro....no need for zfx for one layer..then a day later do another layer ...thats all...

Jeff Werkstat also has a acrylic system which is a little easier than Klasse....

WERKSTAT: advancing the technology of automotive detailing (http://www.werkstat.com/index2.php)

Al

bwalker25
05-27-2008, 05:39 PM
dont forget ultima! :)

Legacy
05-27-2008, 08:33 PM
dont forget ultima! :)

Is Ultima an acrylic?

Perm
05-28-2008, 09:02 AM
Having tried both Klasse and Blackfires, I would go with Blackfires every time. I found klasse left a very sterile look to the car….. very shiny but no real elegance. However Klasse did offer very long lasting protection.

Blackfires on the other hand left the paint almost glowing….. a real warm and glossy look to it which I love. However it does not last long when compared to klasse. However I have now found a solution to this….. If you polycharge blackfires sealant you get all the glow and real warmth plus klasse levels of protection and durability….. a real winning combination.

Cheers

Perm

citizen arcane
05-28-2008, 01:46 PM
I really like the look of Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish and used to use their Wet Diamond but it stains like crazy! I still use GEP but w/ DG 105.

blucpe
05-28-2008, 01:58 PM
i.ve used zaino and liked the results. i also used ultima paint guard plus and it really does`nt get any easier and the results for me were amazing, get your paint prepped properly, 2 spritzes on a good mf applicator per panel and walk away don`t buff nothing, literally walk away. put another coat on the same way every 24 hrs. as often as you like. takes about 12-15 min. per application and will last 3-4 mos.