PDA

View Full Version : I`m new... HELLO!

elgineddie
05-27-2008, 09:05 AM
Hey team,

I`m new here and new to my PC 7424! I just got it because I figure it`s gonna help me 1) save money over having someone else polish my toys and 2) build fine muscles in my arms and back.

I do have a few questions so I guess I`ll start with the SEARCH tab first but if you have suggestions for a "friendly" newbie section, please advise.

Also, what`s the "flaming factor" here? I`m a member on a few other enthusiast boards and they vary greatly when it comes to how bad newbies get the disrespect they do and don`t deserve.

In closing, any general suggestions to the new visitor? I haven`t had time to check much out here yet.

Thanks!

Ed in Chicagoland

http://users.foxvalley.net/~spizzirri/small1.jpg

Holden_C04
05-27-2008, 10:22 PM
Doing it yourself isn`t really cost effective if you consider the cost of the products, time, and tools. It`s actually far cheaper to hire someone to do the work for you.

You should only learn this trade if you enjoy it. I find it therapeutic.

Newbies? They`re very, very welcome here. The vast majority of members here are newbies and veterans (mostly) will answer frequently asked questions or, at the very least, direct them to the answer.

Welcome to Autopia, Ed.

BigAl3
05-27-2008, 10:30 PM
:welcome !

here`s a great place to start Guide to Detailing - Autopia.org (http://www.autopia.org/forum/guide-detailing/) and remember the "search" function is your friend...

the other pc
05-27-2008, 11:09 PM
:welcome to Autopia, elgineddie!

As a noob we’ll be sure to give you all the disrespect you deserve. ;)

But seriously folks, everybody’s got to start somewhere and the gang here is happy to help out (especially for those like yourself who are willing to start out by reading and searching).

As for flaming, you’ll find an exceptionally respectful bunch around here. Plus, the mods here run a tight ship. (Any trolls that do show up don’t last long.)

So, dive in and enjoy.

PC.

Suki22
05-28-2008, 05:28 AM
:welcome...you will learn so much great info....

elgineddie
05-28-2008, 03:18 PM
Awesome! Thanks everyone!

I`m gonna have my hands and mind full learning about this. I spent 6 hours on my car, backed it into the sun and almost cried at the amount of swirls I didn`t get out! It looked great under lights. I guess I need to go slower next time... I think I was rushing myself, not using enough pressure and not using good product.

Oh well, more hobbies to keep me in the garage!

Thanks again,

Ed

jswift2000
05-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Welcome...

This is a GREAT place - very friendly and very informative people. Remember, there are no stupid questions.

elgineddie
05-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Welcome...

... Remember, there are no stupid questions.

Well in that case...

What`s with the thick white pad with the built-in backing plate that comes with the 7424? Is that your typical white polishing pad or a "bonnet holder"?

Thanks again,

Ed

GP guy
05-29-2008, 09:23 PM
:welcome Stick around here and learn new approaches to detailing. Welcome to Autopia.