PDA

View Full Version : Should i use Z-AIO after Merenza IP?

Skyhawk
05-27-2008, 02:13 AM
Well im getting my car ready for the summer, and im going over it with Merenza IP on an Orange pad with a PC. I usually use Z-PC afterwards, but can i just skip that and use Z-AIO on a white pad instead? Will it clean up the micro-marring that the IP will make? Or would the Z-PC be the better choice?

Just trying to make it easier on me since im trying to hit the road to head back down to Florida by the early afternoon today...dont really want to spend any unneeded time on the car...

SuperBee364
05-27-2008, 03:02 AM
ZPC has very similar bite to IP, if not a bit more. I`d think that you could get IP to finish down very well with a white LC pad. The abrassive in ZAIO is *very* gentle. So much so, that you won`t see any noticeable correction with it when used with a PC, and *very* little correction when used with a rotary. It`ll improve the shine a bit, but don`t expect it to remove any compound marks (which you`re unlikely to have from using IP).

BuffMe
05-27-2008, 10:52 AM
If you`re using IP/Orange on your GM paint, no need to follow up with AIO or Z-PC. Due to the hardness of GM paint, you should be able to finish down perfectly with that combo and be ready for LSP.

Macruz19
05-27-2008, 12:06 PM
ZPC and Z-AIO are great base for the Z polishes.

After IP, I go straight to Z-AIO.

imported_JoshVette
05-27-2008, 03:29 PM
It all depends on your intended uses for each polish.

If it were me, I`d do the Menz IP with orange pad, then follow up with ZPC with white pad, then it should be ready for whatever wax/sealant you choose.

In my experiences ZPC has slightly less cutting ability then Menz IP. I tested this with the rotary though. However the ZPC brakes down much faster.

Josh

wannafbody
05-27-2008, 08:35 PM
You should do a Isopropyl Alcohol wipedown just to be safe.