PDA

View Full Version : Ultrafina Spoiled Me

cjbigcog
05-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Used Ultrafina Se today for the first time. Now I know why people speak highly about this. But now.....

the Menzerna IP that was one of my favorites just seems a pain to work with. I like the amount of cut that IP has. What could I replace IP with that has the same cut as IP, but finishes wet like Ultrafina? I`m using LC pads and a Flex Xc3401.

Envious Eric
05-26-2008, 10:53 PM
megs 83 has just about as much cut...

Scottwax
05-26-2008, 10:59 PM
I agree. #83 and UF are a great combo on paint with light to moderate defects.

Holden_C04
05-26-2008, 11:06 PM
Used Ultrafina Se today for the first time. Now I know why people speak highly about this. But now.....

the Menzerna IP that was one of my favorites just seems a pain to work with. I like the amount of cut that IP has. What could I replace IP with that has the same cut as IP, but finishes wet like Ultrafina? I`m using LC pads and a Flex Xc3401.

Menzerna is a little more difficult to be sure, but compounds are more difficult in general. Comparing the workability of IP to UF isn`t completely fair. FP & UF may be more a fair fight.

The one time I used a 3M polish it seemed so strange to use. I had no idea when it was broken down, whether it was still working, or whether I was inducing swirls. Mind you, I wasn`t using my own equipment. It was a Makita 9227C equipped with a worn pad like this one:

http://flashoffroad.com/features/paint_truck/Scratch_remove/image/DSC01070.jpg

TSC17
05-27-2008, 08:04 AM
I agree. #83 and UF are a great combo on paint with light to moderate defects.

Scott...how is 83 to work with, and how does it compare to OP?

Todd

Scottwax
05-27-2008, 08:36 AM
#83 has a bit more cut than OP (using the same pad) but it dusts a bit. Like OP, use a bit less than you think and work until it nearly clears.

cjbigcog
05-27-2008, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the help. I`ll give #83 a try next time.

dublifecrisis
05-27-2008, 11:13 AM
just picked up a bottle of #83 at Advanced Auto Parts and will use it when I can and compare to IP. Also know of a paint store that carries UF but what other finishin polishes would work well?