PDA

View Full Version : SIP and 106FF alternatives?

dsms
05-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Im looking for some alternatives to SIP and 106ff. IMO they are both great products and I use them often. When they dont act up and dust like crazy I find them both easy to work with but sometimes they get a little finicky and the dusting makes for a longer cleanup. Im not looking for "replacements" for 106ff and SIP but alternatives to use sometimes instead. I personally dont like the long work times of SIP and 106ff and want something that doesnt dust as much as well. Im looking at Presta 1500, 1Z Einszett High Gloss Polish, SystemOne X3 and Megs 83 to use in place of 106ff, only if they finish as good or close to 106ff. And for an SIP alternative again im interested in X3 and Presta UCCL, maybe Presta UCC but I think it might be to aggressive. What are you opinions on these products and how do they match up to SIP and 106ff?

SuperBee364
05-25-2008, 08:02 PM
You`re probably going to get alot of responses recommending 3M Ultrafina, so here`s the first one. :) UF works *alot* faster than 106 does. Pretty much four passes and you`re done. Only complaint is that it`s a slinger, especially if you`re used to using 106. 1Z High Gloss is really good, too. Very easy to use and it doesn`t take as long as 106, either.

Menzerna Intensive Polish is a good substitute for SIP if you`re not working on hard clear. It`s easier to use than SIP, but not nearly as powerful. HighTemp .357 Magnum is pretty good, too. Presta UCCL and UCC are pretty big guns. Quite a bit bigger than SIP.

ajnavo61490
05-25-2008, 08:50 PM
M105 and Ultrafine is getting to be a real common combo people are using now... seems to work well

dsms
05-25-2008, 08:52 PM
You`re probably going to get alot of responses recommending 3M Ultrafina, so here`s the first one. :) UF works *alot* faster than 106 does. Pretty much four passes and you`re done. Only complaint is that it`s a slinger, especially if you`re used to using 106. 1Z High Gloss is really good, too. Very easy to use and it doesn`t take as long as 106, either.

Menzerna Intensive Polish is a good substitute for SIP if you`re not working on hard clear. It`s easier to use than SIP, but not nearly as powerful. HighTemp .357 Magnum is pretty good, too. Presta UCCL and UCC are pretty big guns. Quite a bit bigger than SIP.

Forgot to mention I already use and am a big fan of UF. It just works so nicely! The 1z high gloss looks good too.

Bigpikle
05-26-2008, 01:26 AM
had a couple of sessions with 3M stuff this week:

Fast Cut Plus - >cut than 3.02

Extra Fine Compound - about the same as 3.02

UF - superb finisher

mixing a tiny dab of UF with either of the other 2 gave them a great oily consistency just like 106FF and was a complete joy. used them side by side with Menz that was playing up badly, and no issues with the 3M ;)