PDA

View Full Version : Most innovative brand?

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_Bence
05-25-2008, 09:15 AM
What do you guys think which is the most innovative brand in the world of detailing?

Which manufacurer has the most unique/novel products with breakthrough application methods, ease of application, or outstanding signature characteristics?

imported_themightytimmah
05-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Hard to say... if that new product X works out, probably Optimum. If it doesn`t, Ultima.

SuperBee364
05-25-2008, 10:38 AM
Menzerna. Alot of their products are quirky, hard to use, and dust alot. Yet they are some of the finest polishes out there. Although Meguiars is starting to show some spunk with their recent new (and surprisingly good) products.

FK1`s products perform amazingly well for their price point.

At the other end of the price spectrum, Ultimas products are good (UPGP being *very* good), but how good they are is about in line with FK1`s products. If David could bring the prices of the Ultima line in line with the actual product quality, every one of them would be on my shelf right now. But as of now, they are just way too pricey for what they do. Again, the exception being UPGP which is actually a good value when you look at price per coat.

Accumulator
05-25-2008, 11:48 AM
I dunno...seems to me that the innovation ebs and flows, with different brands being on the cutting edge at different times (and in different areas) :nixweiss

Bigpikle
05-25-2008, 12:42 PM
Bilt Hamber (http://www.bilthamber.com/)in the UK ;)

1. Auto Clay - clay that leaves no marring and is lubed only with water

2. Auto Foam - a true touchless LSP safe foam that ACTUALLY CLEANS

3. Auto Balm - unique paste sealant that offers proven tested corrosion resistance as well as a great look

4. Surfex HD - a degreaser that works at a 1% solution and is totally safe and biodegradable

and ALL this stuff is as cheap or cheaper than anything else on the market :D

imported_Bence
05-25-2008, 05:47 PM
I have to agree with you Bigpikle. The Deox twins are brilliant too. I emailed Pete and let`s see what the future brings...

Holden_C04
05-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Menzerna, Optimum, and Meguiars would all be up there. Klasse would have been about 20-30 yrs ago, but since they only have two products that haven`t been reformulated (other than for VOC regulations) for 30 yrs, they can`t be too innovative.

Also, Flex could be considered for their light rotary and powerful orbital polisher. P21S is also a bit innovative, as well as Lake Country for their CCS & OEM pads.

blownvert
05-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Poorboys :) The whole layout on what to pick is very easy and the products are very good. I love the PB bold n bright tire dressing. :)

Bigpoppa3346
05-25-2008, 07:10 PM
In my mind, it would be Optimum. ONR, Opti-Seal, and Poli-Seal are all staples in my arsenal. Poli-Seal is great for giving the paint that extra 3% after polishing, before LSP. I use it on almost every detail.

Plus, with OID, I think this is my product of the year for 08`. The easiest, slickest, nicest looking QD I`ve used. I`m not a big QD guy, but I seriously think this product is going to change that.

dsms
05-25-2008, 07:25 PM
I think CG should get some recognition. They have a pretty wide range of products and innovative stuff. Grime Reaper, JS 109,CWG etc. Just a few good things.

Scottwax
05-25-2008, 07:28 PM
I`d say Optimum and Meguiars.

gmblack3
05-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Zaino- the first to market with a WOWO.

imported_Bence
05-25-2008, 09:02 PM
AFAIK, the Blue Coral Touchless was the first (don`t count the disastrous results here), but also the Japanese and Germans (Soft99, A1) have WOWA sealants too.

Yes, companies who offer WOWA sealants, residueless AIO, worthy permanent coatings, functional anti-static products, new generation abrasives, extreme filling & corrosion inhibiting LSPs, functional touchless foam washes are among the most innovative.

Good hits, keep them coming!

Junebug
05-25-2008, 09:06 PM
I`ve just started trying 1Z products and I really like them so far, the Metallic Polish & Wax is a great AIO, better than Poliseal IMHO and provides a nice base for the Glans Wax, a top notch product that has replaced Zaino for me.

My wife used the Cockpit Premium on her dash in the van and it looked better than the day we bought it.

mongo
05-25-2008, 09:52 PM
i would say the new WOW sealants and the british company looked quite intriging to me.

also throw in new Acrylic glazes from Chemical guys whic makes danase speeed glaze the look great and i luv the acrylic candy look the give.