PDA

View Full Version : Fk1 #108

blownvert
05-25-2008, 07:44 AM
When I bought #425, they gave me a sample size of the #108 for interior. I just tried it yet yesterday. Sprayed down with the usual megs interior spray detailer then i used this and applied a coat. Well looks nice and good, but when i went back in my car the next day it smelled horrible. Worse than a chemical smell. I like the smell that megs interior detailer gives off. Anything else better than this. Really was not a difference to the megs, not looks like prob added on protection though. I`ll try aero 303 or something, but then again if i clean interior weekly do i even need extra protection than just megs interior detailer?

jb1
05-25-2008, 12:31 PM
blownvert,

I was going to order some based on the positive reviews I`ve read - I`m glad you posted this. Are you using the Meguiar`s Quik Mist & Wipe Interior Detailer or the #40? I tried the Quik M&W with the package that was on sale for Christmas and initially I thought it was great for OTC. But to me, it seemed to really strip the 303 that I had on. It`s great if you want to clean but it was way too "stripped" for my liking. I will say that it does smell *clean* IMO.

I may be in the minority, but I actually like the smell of #40. It`s a notch or so more shine than 303, but after letting it soak for several minutes and buffing it dry, it looks pretty darn nice.

I was trying to decide between FK 108 and PBNL but several posts suggested that the FK 108 lasted longer. I`ll check back and see what others have to say. Perhaps you received a batch that went bad?

blownvert
05-25-2008, 01:50 PM
yeah i have no idea, im using the megs quik mist and wipe interior detailer. I actually like the smell of that it just gives a nice fresh smell. There is no good smell to the fk1 #108. It might leave a nice clean surface that protects. well honestly i didnt see any difference between the 2 when i applied the #108 on top of the megs. I guess i just keep my interior always clean. I prob would never buy a bigger bottle of the #108. Others like it, I dont.

RTexasF
05-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Could it be the combination of the two that produced the smell?

Fallz
05-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Could it be the combination of the two that produced the smell?

Thats what I was wondering ? Why would you use 1 over the top of other ? Oh well fk108 is nice is a nice product and also nice on tires too. I like Megs #40 and actually like the smell , it`s plain no perfume smell but a clean smell. I cant really describe it .

I also like DG vinyl int. dressing too

PB NL to me has a decent look and smell , but is slippery although it claims not to be. Not a bad product , just not my style and does not last IMO.

Oddly enough I keep int. pretty clean , but it does get dusty , ashes ect. and what I`ve been doing lately is wiping it down with a water damp rag . Its clean , leaves no residue , so its like nothing is on there for the dust and stuff to stick to. No chemicals ect.... I dont know if thats good or bad , but it`s been m,y lazy way lately.

jb1
05-25-2008, 04:11 PM
Thats what I was wondering ? Why would you use 1 over the top of other ? Oh well fk108 is nice is a nice product and also nice on tires too. I like Megs #40 and actually like the smell , it`s plain no perfume smell but a clean smell. I cant really describe it .

I also like DG vinyl int. dressing too

PB NL to me has a decent look and smell , but is slippery although it claims not to be. Not a bad product , just not my style and does not last IMO.

Oddly enough I keep int. pretty clean , but it does get dusty , ashes ect. and what I`ve been doing lately is wiping it down with a water damp rag . Its clean , leaves no residue , so its like nothing is on there for the dust and stuff to stick to. No chemicals ect.... I dont know if thats good or bad , but it`s been m,y lazy way lately.

Fallguy,

I just bought every type of dressing that DG sells. Some I picked up locally and the rest I ordered last night. I wanted to compare all of the DG to FK 108 to Meguiar`s #40 to 303 and see which one I liked best. 303 doesn`t seem to last *for me* on the exterior. Right now, I use Meguiar`s Natural Shine for the tires and exterior trim. In a perfect world, I`d find one that could double for interior and exterior.

I`ll have to read each DG bottle, but it just seems like they have several products that do virtually the same thing. And maybe they have several products so people like me will buy all of them to try out. :nixweiss

I may still go ahead and order the 108 since not everyone has experienced the foul smell. I`ll definitely go with the small bottle to try it out.

AL-53
05-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Fallguy,

I just bought every type of dressing that DG sells. Some I picked up locally and the rest I ordered last night. I wanted to compare all of the DG to FK 108 to Meguiar`s #40 to 303 and see which one I liked best. 303 doesn`t seem to last *for me* on the exterior. Right now, I use Meguiar`s Natural Shine for the tires and exterior trim. In a perfect world, I`d find one that could double for interior and exterior.

I`ll have to read each DG bottle, but it just seems like they have several products that do virtually the same thing. And maybe they have several products so people like me will buy all of them to try out. :nixweiss

I may still go ahead and order the 108 since not everyone has experienced the foul smell. I`ll definitely go with the small bottle to try it out.

the DG 201 will be the longest lasting...but it has a cologne type smell but disappears fast...lol....but it has a nice look and lasts....

Al

NSXTASY
05-25-2008, 04:27 PM
Fk1 108 has little to no smell.

I like it far better than 303.

jb1
05-25-2008, 04:32 PM
the DG 201 will be the longest lasting...but it has a cologne type smell but disappears fast...lol....but it has a nice look and lasts....

Al

Hey AL-53,

I had to go check the bottles since I haven`t learned the # to product relationship. I have the 203 (19 oz.) Do you use this for both interior & exterior? Have you tried FK 108?

jesselyons2002
05-25-2008, 05:07 PM
I tried fk 108 and didn`t like how it doesn`t spread like 303. You kind of have to use alot more FK 108 to get a even coverage. Has anyone tried CG extreme VRP ??? on all the interior surfaces.

imported_Bence
05-25-2008, 05:19 PM
Smell of 108??? I`ve never noticed it...

AL-53
05-26-2008, 04:33 AM
Hey AL-53,

I had to go check the bottles since I haven`t learned the # to product relationship. I have the 203 (19 oz.) Do you use this for both interior & exterior? Have you tried FK 108?

yes....I use it for both trim and interior....I found that after doing a Black WOW treatment on faded trim...then topping it with DG 201 works great..its like doing clear coat over paint..the 201 takes the beating and the BW keeps it black longer....

I did a Ford truck with the notorious Ford Fade trim...I prepped the trim by cleaning first with prep sol...to get any residual products off..then washed with APC and a magik eraser...to get ay oxiduzed plastic off...did a wipe of water after to get APC residue off...then BW and let it sit...30 minites after BW again....wipe with damp MF after....then 201 ....plastic still looks good...I see it every day...been since Nov when I done it..I told him do another 201 soon

AL

jb1
05-26-2008, 07:21 AM
yes....I use it for both trim and interior....I found that after doing a Black WOW treatment on faded trim...then topping it with DG 201 works great..its like doing clear coat over paint..the 201 takes the beating and the BW keeps it black longer....

I did a Ford truck with the notorious Ford Fade trim...I prepped the trim by cleaning first with prep sol...to get any residual products off..then washed with APC and a magik eraser...to get ay oxiduzed plastic off...did a wipe of water after to get APC residue off...then BW and let it sit...30 minites after BW again....wipe with damp MF after....then 201 ....plastic still looks good...I see it every day...been since Nov when I done it..I told him do another 201 soon

AL

That`s pretty impressive. Hopefully I`ll be doing our cars some time this week. I`m trying to hold off until the rest of my DG order comes in. Thanks for the tip on your process!