PDA

View Full Version : If you had only one sealant to buy, which one and why.....

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

pingable
05-24-2008, 04:46 PM
Detail on the daily drivers coming up. They see, sun, salt, rain and snow depending on which season I`m in ;-)

I want to add another sealant to my stash and am undecided between Zaino, UPGP and JW Acrylic.

I`m inclined on buying Z5 & ZFX BUT as a previous Z user who had ZFX dry up on me (not having receipt/bought from local dealer - no recourse or record....), I never bought Z after that. I am currently using up my KSG and also Sonus Acrylic on the wheels.

Shelf life would be a +++++, bearing my experience with ZFX which just left a sour taste....Not a pro so the only vehicles that get detailed are my own as this is just a hobby...albeit a very expensive hobby :hmph:

Mindflux
05-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Sal Zaino replaced my zfx no questions asked back in 2004. I`d pick zaino out of that list but to be honest its the only one I have used too. Fwiw you can use Zaino without ZFX.

imported_agentf1
05-24-2008, 04:51 PM
ZFX formula was changed to address the geling up issue it had in its past. I have some new formula which is getting pretty old and it is holding up great.

Zaino is definitely my first choice when it comes to a sealant.

Legacy
05-24-2008, 04:53 PM
Detail on the daily drivers coming up. They see, sun, salt, rain and snow depending on which season I`m in ;-)

I want to add another sealant to my stash and am undecided between Zaino, UPGP and JW Acrylic.

I`m inclined on buying Z5 & ZFX BUT as a previous Z user who had ZFX dry up on me (not having receipt/bought from local dealer - no recourse or record....), I never bought Z after that. I am currently using up my KSG and also Sonus Acrylic on the wheels.

Shelf life would be a +++++, bearing my experience with ZFX which just left a sour taste....Not a pro so the only vehicles that get detailed are my own as this is just a hobby...albeit a very expensive hobby :hmph:UPGP wowa takes 10min to do the entire car and windows. After its clean of course!

Eliot Ness
05-24-2008, 04:54 PM
I`d lean toward Z-5 w/ZFX since it allows you to do 3 applications in one day and the durability it offers. My next choice would be UPGP since it looks so nice is is a breeze to apply.

SuperBee364
05-24-2008, 05:13 PM
UPGP.... or FK1 HighTemp 1000P. Tough decision between those two.

Legacy
05-24-2008, 05:30 PM
UPGP.... or FK1 HighTemp 1000P. Tough decision between those two.Isnt FK 1000 a wax and not a sealant?

AL-53
05-24-2008, 06:02 PM
FK is more of a sealant than a wax..its a synthetic wax....no real wax content..very nice product and nice look and very durable also....also makes a dam nice wheel sealant....

FK 1000 topped with pink wax is a super combo also...

AL

Legacy
05-24-2008, 06:07 PM
FK is more of a sealant than a wax..its a synthetic wax....no real wax content..very nice product and nice look and very durable also....also makes a dam nice wheel sealant....

FK 1000 topped with pink wax is a super combo also...

ALThanks Al, heard alot of guys topping UPGP with FK1000 seems like a nice combo. I just topped UPGP with Fuzion and it was ok nothing special. So is pink wax a nuba?

SuperBee364
05-24-2008, 06:16 PM
I don`t think there`s any real wax at all in 1000p.

AL-53
05-24-2008, 06:20 PM
Thanks Al, heard alot of guys topping UPGP with FK1000 seems like a nice combo. I just topped UPGP with Fuzion and it was ok nothing special. So is pink wax a nuba?

Pink wax is blended from #1 Brazilian Carnauba Wax and durable poly resins. The result is a soft easy on easy off past wax which delivers a ultra deep, ultra wet, ultra glossy custom show car finish. Excellent for use on all automotive and aircraft finishes.

info taken from FK1 site....its very nice stuff...was the talk here a few years back...I still use it...i top DG 105 with it...

Al

pingable
05-24-2008, 06:25 PM
Interesting read on the reformulated ZFX. Recent posts also suggest different revisions - alterations ----changes to the formulas in the Z lineup.

Granted, it would be interesting to know what the different revisions/batches differ. I can see from a sales standpoint why they don`t do this .....(too much administrative headache from users asking if they have the latest batch, etc)

I am aware that you can use Z5 without ZFX but then I would still need to at least use ZAIO as a base (I would rather in lieu order ZFX and just layer 3 layers) and be done with it.

As much as I love a clean car, doing three seperate applications of UPGP also has it`s downsides. However, it`s WOWO use would be like a slightly longer QD session after a wash.

Junebug
05-24-2008, 08:13 PM
I`ve tried a bunch, and the one I just tried - 1Z Glans Wax - impressed me the most. I was a little concerned about how easy it would be to use, and pleasantly surprised when I found it to be "JuneBug" proof - ie bBubba friendly. It was like adding another layer of clear coat, very slick and wet looking with great depth. I don`t know personally about duribilty yet, but in David Fermani`s 8 way sealant test - it held it`s own with zaino and others.

BTW - AG has the whole 1Z line on sale, I prepped my van with 1Z metalic polish before waxing to get rid of a few light swirls.

wannafbody
05-24-2008, 08:17 PM
For ease of use I`d suggest one of the new WOWA sealants. Ridiculously fast and easy.

Accumulator
05-25-2008, 11:11 AM
.., I prepped my van with 1Z metalic polish before waxing to get rid of a few light swirls.

Soft paint you have there, if the MP corrected it.