PDA

View Full Version : Tire Shine??

mobiledetailkid
05-24-2008, 03:41 PM
Hello Everyone,

I have just recently received two pretty good sized jobs. The two jobs average around 60 cars a week, I am looking for a more affordable tire shine that can be bought in 5 gallon pails. I have been purchasing SUPER Blue Stuff Rubber Dressing but it runs right around $115.00 for the 5 gallons. On these jobs I would like to reduce some of my expenses in products so I am looking for a affordable but good quality shine dressing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

imported_themightytimmah
05-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Meg`s Hyper is like 40 bucks for a gallon, but you can cut it with water 4:1.

A friend of mine used to order 55 gallon drums for like 400 bucks of some cheap stuff from a local distributor. Call around in your area and see what they can do.

quakerroatmeal
05-24-2008, 08:02 PM
Detailing 60 cars a week? That sounds like a but load. Have you tried contacting other companys such as cg and stuff to see if they carry the products in drum size instead.

mobiledetailkid
05-25-2008, 07:06 AM
Detailing 60 cars a week? That sounds like a but load. Have you tried contacting other companys such as cg and stuff to see if they carry the products in drum size instead.

It is a load I have three guys that help me hammer them out, Its two car lots they are just exterior washes. No I have not tried contacting cg. I would prefer 5 gallon over drum size. I know that drum size can get hefty in the price and if possible I would like to spend less than $115.00 but I need a bright shine..

Thanks for the responses

bwalker25
05-25-2008, 07:08 AM
have you tried calling top of the line, I believe there grape dressing is 90$ for 5 gallons...that works out to 18$ a gallon :)

mobiledetailkid
05-25-2008, 07:30 AM
have you tried calling top of the line, I believe there grape dressing is 90$ for 5 gallons...that works out to 18$ a gallon :)

No I have not but I will definitely look into them.

Thanks