PDA

View Full Version : Faded seat fabric

Domas
05-24-2008, 02:06 PM
My seats are half-leather half-fabric, and the fabric of front seats are slightly faded (from the sun I guess). I was wondering, are there some products that restores/improves the faded fabric color? Maybe "303 High Tech Fabric Guard"?

Sorry if it`s a stupid question, I`m a n00b... I noticed when the seat fabric is wet (when cleaning for example) the color has all the contrast of the new fabric, so I`m guessing that there might be a product that modifies the faded fabric somehow to have more contrast?

abbeysdad
05-24-2008, 06:04 PM
short of a dye, I don`t think there`s any restoring sun faded fabric... but as every girl knows, a good dye job can make all the difference!

Legacy
05-24-2008, 06:10 PM
short of a dye, I don`t think there`s any restoring sun faded fabric... but as every girl knows, a good dye job can make all the difference!LOL good one. Ive used 303 and it doesnt seem to darken the fabric when dried.

jayjacque
05-24-2008, 11:58 PM
I do a lot of re-dyeing but honestly fabric is too risky (tends to harden up and be stiff and also harder to match), so I always pass except for carpets. I think a lot of companies have the same feeling, so I hope you can find a product that at least brightens it or a company with more cloth dyeing experience/success.

Domas
05-25-2008, 02:37 AM
No, dyeing won`t help (I guess), because the fabric is not single color, it has multicolored texture. And the dyeing job would be too fancy for my daily beater :D

I just thought there might be a product darkening the fabric (somehow like wet effect or something)....