PDA

View Full Version : BJ Penn vs. Sean Sherk

Pages : [1] 2

Clean Dean
05-23-2008, 06:59 PM
I am very exited about tomorrow nights UFC lightweight title fight. I think The Prodigy will pull off a submission of the seemingly unsubmissible Sherk.

Opinions?

joyriiide1113
05-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Ive followed BJ Penn for a while now. He competed against my instructor 4-5 years ago at ADCC. My instructor obviously lost (via points, no submission), since then he`s been a huge fan of BJ Penn and its been passed down towards me (all his students)...

Clean Dean
05-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Amazing flexibility, and never seems to be hurt. Even when Hughes was pounding him in the crucifix, he walked away without a mark on his face. I am glad he is so much more focused now. His loss to GSP was very impressive. GSP looked like he was beat by a gang.

Ive followed BJ Penn for a while now. He competed against my instructor 4-5 years ago at ADCC. My instructor obviously lost (via points, no submission), since then he`s been a huge fan of BJ Penn and its been passed down towards me (all his students)...

Your instructor must be very talented in his own right. I am about 225 lbs and wrestled in college, and I don`t think I`d last more than 30 seconds with Penn on the ground.

BigAl3
05-23-2008, 07:21 PM
i hope BJ wins, he would have to be my favorite MMA fighter in the UFC...

victory
05-23-2008, 11:49 PM
BJ on a good day is amazing. Unfortunately, every so often he doesn`t take things seriously and ends up loosing. He`ll probably pull off a win against sherk

salty
05-24-2008, 12:35 AM
BJ has always had a problem with conditioning. Even his last fight he didn`t look right after the win. He seems to be doing the right things to correct it, though.

I think he would have been the most dominate fighter ever if he took it more seriously from the beginning.

getcha
05-24-2008, 01:33 AM
I agree with you Dean. I have been a Penn fan for a while. I really hope he comes in conditioned. I think that despite sherk`s relatively well rounded game aside from the submission side, I think that BJ(with a significatly better skill set) with submit sherk. I think though aside from BJs fantastic flexibility and how it plays into his TD defense I think that his strikes will pressure sherk into hitting the mat and initially I see BJ working from his back. I don`t think sweeps are super likely however I see BJ putting on a show. Super technical fight, BJ by sub.

reaper34
05-24-2008, 05:58 AM
BJ, BJ, BJ!!! let`s not forget his stand-up isn`t too shabby either, he`s got more than enough to take sean "the steriod" sherk.

jayjacque
05-24-2008, 09:19 AM
Ditto on B.J. `s dominance. He`s one of the very elite pound for pounds in the game. And no worries on his focus or conditioning. Sherk is also extremely good, so this will be a great fight

salty
05-24-2008, 12:10 PM
If it goes past 3 rounds, Sherks chances go way up.

salty
05-24-2008, 12:16 PM
What about Silva vs Jardine?

And Tito vs the karate master Machida?

BigAl3
05-24-2008, 11:19 PM
i`m glad BJ won as well as wanderlai and machida... :up

salty
05-25-2008, 12:17 AM
Wasn`t one of the most exciting events. Next weekend if a freebie on CBS, including Kimbo and then Sunday is WEC, and then Hughes the next Sat June 7. Should be like that every week.

Way2SSlow
05-25-2008, 10:07 AM
I was really pulling for Sherk. I thought he would push him into the late rounds and then have his way with him. I think Sherk`s right hand is broken. He seemed like he didnt want to throw the right with any power behind it. With no right hand, he couldnt take BJ down. I am not a BJ Penn fan and will strongly favor GSP over Penn should that rematch take place.

Dean,

You gotta comment on the Muscle Shark`s phsyique and his training regimen. I wish I could do half of what he does. I`d love to work out with him a few times.

Oh yeah, and Sherk is probably the ONLY athlete I believe when he says he didnt use roids. I could be wrong, but I kinda believe him.

mshetley
06-10-2008, 08:47 AM
You guys see Affliction now has their own PPV fights?

Affliction Banned (http://www.afflictionbanned.com)