PDA

View Full Version : Newbie!! HELP Where to get started with this engine bay??

paddlingpool
05-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Hi, i decided that it was about time that i cleaned up the engine bay on my CLK200, but i am unsure on how to get started. There are quite a few corroded areas that need tidying up.

Was trying to post some pics of the offending areas but the upload manager wont let me?? I`ll try again later but in the meantime any pointers would be very appreciated.

Many Thanks!! - paddlingpool

JonP
05-23-2008, 04:15 PM
How to safely clean and protect your engine bay. (http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/guides_engine.html)

Accumulator
05-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Good link, JonP :xyxthumbs And that P21S TAW is what I use too :D And the 303 is also good stuff.

paddlingpool- For more specific advice, we`d need to know what exactly you`re dealing with. I`ve done some pretty incredible transformations on high-mile beaters, so I`m pretty confident that you can get yours a whole lot better.

For really corroded metal bits, consider a wire brush on a Dremel. Also note that a steamer can be *VERY* helpful.

There are countless other little tricks involving products you might not think to use, but again, I`d need to know just what needsd doing.

iDetail
05-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the link. Very informative.